Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: 360 in powerpoint presentations Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by ronnybs on May-13-2004 at 3:42am
View ronnybs's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ronnybs Search   Quote ronnybs Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ronnybs
Standard Member
Standard Member
Norway
November-17-2003
16 Posts

Hi, all!

I am trying to make a Powerpoint presentation for use in sales. I think that by presenting the message visually for potential customers that can by Virtual Tours, it is easier for the customer to deside.

I have tried using an ActiveX controller for QuickTimeVR (Delphisomething), but it seems to have a lot of bugs, or does not function well on my Windows XP.

Is it possible to show a 360 degree picture in Powerpoint using the Java version instead of the Quicktime version?

If so, how can that be done, or is it other possibilities for doing this?

This is driving me nuts...

Message posted by phoenixrising on May-13-2004 at 5:49am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

I like the idea very much and would myself like to be able to do this. I'm not much of a scripter or Powerpoint man... but I'm sure that there is a way to do a powerpoint presentation with an html tag which would start a Java show which in turn would script back to powerpoint. I'll ask the guys at panotools and let ya know.

Cheers Rob

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by ronnybs on May-13-2004 at 5:54am
View ronnybs's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ronnybs Search   Quote ronnybs Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ronnybs
Standard Member
Standard Member
Norway
November-17-2003
16 Posts

Great, Rob!

I am looking forward to hear the result. I have also thought about using som HTML or web page programming in VBA inside one slide.

I also tried to use the VRML plugin. That works, but the result is not what I wanted, since it is not a good representation of my 360 panoramas.

Ron

Message posted by VT360 on June-09-2005 at 11:06am
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

anybod has the java virtual tours running on powerpoint?

dave, i remember you saying something about presenting the tour on a screen and resolutions issue. what advice you got for a presentation done in a small 20 seat conference room with a projector.

Message posted by 360texas on June-09-2005 at 11:38am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Ok.. how about this.  We use MS PowerPoint 2000.

In PPoint, create your presentation.  Make some text entries fly in from the side.  Make one of those text line use a hyperlink that will open the browser and display a normal html file containing the panorama.  When you close the webpage panorama it returns you to your PPoint presentation.

At this point I don't think PP will actually display a java panorama inside the .ppt file.

Also the machine that is to display the PPT slide show, should have Powerpoint software installed OR the free download PPT viewer.

Download the free 1.9mb PP Viewer 2003 here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=428D5727-43AB-4F24-90B7-A94784AF71A4&displaylang=en

IF your intent is to present your PPT presentation on a website, PPT lets you convert the .ppt output so that it is displayed in HTML format.

For example.  This is a demo webpage for one of our clients. Click on Powerpoint button on the left side.  You will need the PPTviewer to see this page.

http://www.360texas.com/services/mprginc/index.htm

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by VT360 on June-09-2005 at 12:51pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

Does this "hyperlink that will open the browser and display a normal html file containing the panorama."  - needs to be online or can it reside on the laptop? (if theres no internet connection)

If it resides on the laptop, what files tour files does the laptop need to have?

and does the laptop need to have java installed?

thanks dave.

Message posted by VT360 on June-09-2005 at 12:52pm
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts
p.s.  my panos are showing ok online, but on when i try to open the html file from my local c drive, i get the red box!

Message posted by 360texas on June-09-2005 at 1:07pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Depends on how you path to the html page.  Two ways to do that,  hard coded path like http://360texas.com/powerpoint.htm  or relative path like "  .../powerpoint.htm "

I did test that html powerpoint slide show on my desktop before uploading it to my server.  And it did work from my c:\ drive

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by VT360 on June-09-2005 at 1:26pm
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

daves,

i want to show the  tours from a laptop with no internet connection.

ill have the images, pano.jpgs, tour.html, and ptviwer.jar

quest: does the laptop have to java instanlled?

Message posted by VT360 on June-09-2005 at 1:36pm
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

Using powerpoint, yoiu can have the link, but when you click on it it doesnt pop up in front of the powerpoint, rather than in the background. so you dont know whats happening.

also, it would be a good idea to pop up the html page with no navigation bar, address bar, tool buttons, etc.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register