Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Panoweaver 7 has problems on Mac Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Daffodil on September-16-2010 at 7:31am
View Daffodil's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Daffodil Search   Quote Daffodil Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Daffodil
Standard Member
Standard Member
Ireland
September-16-2010
3 Posts
Panoweaver 7 gives a message 'fails to stitch' when stitching photographs in print mode on my new Mac computer but succeeds on a Windows. Easypanos answer to the problem is
I have tested your images.the problem is that your images are too large to stitch in print mode(8000*4000) so we suggest you either choose other mode or decrease the size of your images.
I say this is not good enough. They should warn us of limitations before hand before we purchase. Is the problem going to be fixed free of charge or will we need to pay for an upgrade again for a fixed version down the road?

Message posted by DominiqueGEORGE on September-16-2010 at 8:16am
View DominiqueGEORGE's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DominiqueGEORGE Search   Visit DominiqueGEORGE's Homepage www   Quote DominiqueGEORGE Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DominiqueGEORGE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Belgium
August-19-2009
285 Posts

Hi Daffodil,

what is the size of your input picture ?

In my case, the results are 8000x4000 with no problem (when stitching is ... ok)

I read more "generic" articles about stitching.

Understand that some rules are to be respected for a good stitching, depending on your equipment !

The ndir should not be too much present. 
With my Nikor 10.5, I shoot at -15 (having my tripod a little bit visible,but not too much).

If more (-30), the predominance of the tripod will exceed the "normal" and the algorithm will chose its control popint in that area)
This will induce many errors, and an horrible result.

Algorithm should be able to force the matching point outside of this area, but it is not the case.

Fyi I work with picture size of 3872x2592 as input.

Reagrds,
Dominique

-------------
Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)

Message posted by Daffodil on September-17-2010 at 5:34am
View Daffodil's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Daffodil Search   Quote Daffodil Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Daffodil
Standard Member
Standard Member
Ireland
September-16-2010
3 Posts

Hi Dominique,

My input pictures are 2 MB in size approx.

Stitches perfectly on a windows print mode with this size of 2MB

Stitches perfectly on Mac -Broadband Mode but 'fails to stitch' on Print mode.

At the moment I am using stitching 4 images from Sigma 8mm fisheye lens.

I will experiment with trying to reduce size of tripod on images and will keep you posted if that helps

Daffodil

Message posted by DominiqueGEORGE on September-17-2010 at 5:42am
View DominiqueGEORGE's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DominiqueGEORGE Search   Visit DominiqueGEORGE's Homepage www   Quote DominiqueGEORGE Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DominiqueGEORGE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Belgium
August-19-2009
285 Posts

Hi Daffoli,

I personnaly take 6 pictures (every 60 degrees and -15 degrees down), 3 ceils (+ 60 degrees).

Stitch is (when PW accepts) perfect, I can just see the three pods and part of my tripod.

I still have to try to take nadei appart and stitch ...

Taking 6 pictures gives to PW more possibilities to find common control points.

Be careful, some pictures without any details (like perfect uniformely paint walls, ...) are impossible to stitch (I know this because I ... did it [:errr:])

Btw, this does not explain why it works on Windows and not on Mac !

What about the latest version installed ?? [;)]

Regards,
Dominique

-------------
Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)

Message posted by Daffodil on September-18-2010 at 6:01am
Daffodil
Standard Member
Standard Member
Ireland
September-16-2010
3 Posts
Update. I have suceeded to stitch in print mode now on different images with minimum tripod content! By shortening and straightning the tripod legs I see less of the tripod on the images (legs not showing). If this is the remedy to my original problem well it worked,
Thanks
Dominique

Message posted by DominiqueGEORGE on September-18-2010 at 1:43pm
DominiqueGEORGE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Belgium
August-19-2009
285 Posts

Nice and thanks to get these good news from you Daffodil [;)]

Regards, Dominique

-------------

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register