Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Nikon D7000 Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Terry Nam on September-16-2010 at 11:50am
View Terry Nam's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Terry Nam Search   Quote Terry Nam Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Terry Nam
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
October-05-2002
110 Posts

Does anyone use the Nikon D7000? The 16.2 mp of this new camera caught my eye and wonder if there would be any advantage over my D300 12 mp? comments greatly appreciated.

-------------
Terry
Nikon D300(Sept08), Sigma 8mm, agnos short

Message posted by smooth on September-16-2010 at 1:53pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

It was only released and announced two days ago! LOL

It fits between the D90 and D300s in the Nikon model line up. Read more at DPReview here

In reality it would be a downgrade from the D300 with the advantage of some extra pixels and of course HD Movie.

It's a hard one, Nikon will replace the D300s within 8 months (is my guess) and whatever it is will be far more advanced than the D7000.

If you were upgrading from a D90 I could see the reason, D300 - I think I would wait.

What is it that's captured your thoughts?

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by Terry Nam on September-16-2010 at 2:02pm
View Terry Nam's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Terry Nam Search   Quote Terry Nam Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Terry Nam
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
October-05-2002
110 Posts

Thanks Dave, Simply the pixel size. Thought that the difference of 4mb in it's capability may prove sufficient to justify the upgrade but, as you say, something else could be on the horizon(as always)

-------------
Terry

Message posted by smooth on September-16-2010 at 2:10pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by Terry Nam on September-16-2010

Thanks Dave, Simply the pixel size. Thought that the difference of 4mb in it's capability may prove sufficient to justify the upgrade but, as you say, something else could be on the horizon(as always)

Dave? Your thinking of Mr 360Texas

Pixels aren't everything. Your downsizing the images anyway for panoramas. A DSLR with 6mp is enough for what we do for display in Tourweaver.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by Terry Nam on September-16-2010 at 2:54pm
Terry Nam
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
October-05-2002
110 Posts
Ooooops! Sorry Smooth.....your're younger....

-------------
Terry

Message posted by leescott on September-17-2010 at 1:11pm
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts

I agree with what has been said  and I'll this

Disadvantage if you have a remote trigger it will not work on the D7000 as I have the D3000 and the D300.

no - optional 10-pin remotes on the D3000 or D7000 [:(]

I prefer the D300 for my primary Camera. I have the D3000 for backup and for everyday usage as to not shoot to much on the D300 and for quick video

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

Message posted by Terry Nam on September-17-2010 at 3:45pm
Terry Nam
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
October-05-2002
110 Posts
Thanks for your advice, I shall be patient and wait for the D300 upgrade, not that it needs it but merely seeking to perfect what I provide to my clients(and me!).

-------------
Terry

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register