Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: PTViewer versions and limitations therein Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by RotoPix on May-17-2004 at 9:48am
View RotoPix's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RotoPix Search   Visit RotoPix's Homepage www   Quote RotoPix Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RotoPix
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-11-2004
79 Posts

Greetings fellow Pano brethren!

I'm lucky not to be "hair-challenged" after pulling it so hard this past couple of days. I'm a big fan of PTViewer, but have noticed that some versions have limitations that affect how a tour must be assembled. Take for example the demo tour we just did for IUSB: http://www.rotopix.com/iusb/tour.html

You'll see hotspots that have text pop up when you mouse over them. This is a function of a newer version of PTViewer. However, this newer version doesn't seem to support the "newPanoFromList" feature the way the older one did. But the older version was not capable of displaying the Text Pop-Ups the way the newer version is.

Let me qualify that by saying I am not a programmer, though I play one on TV. But the only obvious work-around I could find that would offer both functions was to break the tour into multiple pages, one pano per page. This is OK for small tours, but the IUSB tour may encompass as many as 30~40 scenes... Hence, 30~40 pages is not a practical solution, especially if the site gets updated or redesigned at a later date.

Have any of you run across this, and if so, what solution did you end up chosing? Thank you for any feedback. It's truly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Brian Jackson - RotoPix

Message posted by 360texas on May-17-2004 at 10:14am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Small note.  I see you are using ptviewer27L2_b6.jar.  You can find this ptviewer PTViewer 2.7L2beta8 update at:

http://www.fsoft.it/panorama/ptviewer.htm

It appears that the ...b6.jar does animated gif hotspots and mouse over tooltip text displays and so did the original stable version 2.5.

Ill have to try the newpanofromlist with the beta8

Maybe the issue is which flavor of the runtime java engine the visitor is using.  I am using the original MS Virtual Engine with IE 6 and I did see the mouse over tooltip display properly.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by 360texas on May-17-2004 at 10:43am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Ok.. mine works ok with the ...b8.jar while using IE 6 and MS VM java engine.

http://360texas.com/virtualtour/mexico/eldorado/eldroyale/eldorado1.htm

While there, view the source and scroll down to see the applet script.  Note that I am calling the 36kb version of ptviewer27L2_b8.jar.

It might just be Sun's java engine you might be using.  I have not tried Sun's 1.4.2 yet.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on May-17-2004 at 12:13pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Brian,

Yes, it is only the version of the ptviewer.jar that needs replacing.

What you wish to achieve is possible.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by VT360 on June-02-2005 at 11:47pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts
dave is eldorado using  tourweaver?

Message posted by webquest on June-03-2005 at 9:10am
View webquest's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by webquest Search   Quote webquest Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
webquest
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-31-2005
22 Posts

When viewing with ptviewer, does anyone else notice that when you're navigating and your pointer goes off the window, the movement stops?  With twviewer and others, it keeps going for as long as you're holding the mouse button regardless of whether the pointer is still in the window or not.

Is there a version that fixes this?

Message posted by 360texas on June-03-2005 at 9:29am
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Actually,  the Eldorado1 was hand crafted using Easypano PTScripter Viewer product. 

The applet is around 800pixels wide and the code specifies that the panorama be displayed in the left 400 pixels side.  The hotspots were positioned  with PTScripter Viewer.

The hotspot map is really the  for 'Frame' param.

While this small project was created using Easypano PTScripter Viewer software.. it did take some time and paper layout planning.

Probably could cut the development time by 50% using Tourweaver.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register