Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Force Image Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Freebooter on November-08-2010 at 9:40am
View Freebooter's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Freebooter Search   Visit Freebooter's Homepage www   Quote Freebooter Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Freebooter
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
November-08-2010
2 Posts
Hi,
Is there a way to force the use of an image in the overlapping area?
Ex. In the overlapping area, there is a coffecup in one of the two images. How do I "tell" panoweaver to use the area without the coffeecup?

(Panoweaver 7.0 Pro)

Thank's
Brian

Message posted by donald on November-08-2010 at 9:53pm
View donald's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by donald Search   Visit donald's Homepage www   Quote donald Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
donald
Standard Member
Standard Member
China
October-22-2010
114 Posts

Hello Freebooter ,

Do you mean you don't want to see the coffecup after you stitch the to images into a panorama?

You can use [manual stitch],by insert matching points to the images.As how to do manual stitch you can find the tutoral in your Panoweaver, please open your PW7 and press F1 you will see the help files ,then please find out the topic [ use Panoweaver7.00] then chose [stitch] ,you will see the steps of manual stitch.

If you can't find it or have other questions please contact me by email. My email is : donald@easypano.com

-------------
This is donald from easypano,welcome you to use our products and visit our forum.

Message posted by 360Zen on November-29-2010 at 6:03pm
View 360Zen's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360Zen Search   Visit 360Zen's Homepage www   Quote 360Zen Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360Zen
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-08-2010
10 Posts
any way to manual stitch in PW 6?

Message posted by donald on November-29-2010 at 10:17pm
View donald's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by donald Search   Visit donald's Homepage www   Quote donald Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
donald
Standard Member
Standard Member
China
October-22-2010
114 Posts

Hello 360Zen ,

Yes, PW6 support manual stitch . As how to do manual stitch ,please start PW6 and press F1 ,you will see a help file come out .And then click Use Panoweaver6.00>>Stitch Panoramic image>>stitch>>Insert and Edit Matching Points.You can find the way of manual stitching in this help file.

-------------
This is donald from easypano,welcome you to use our products and visit our forum.

Message posted by 360Zen on December-01-2010 at 12:12pm
View 360Zen's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360Zen Search   Visit 360Zen's Homepage www   Quote 360Zen Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360Zen
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-08-2010
10 Posts
I don't think I fully understand how the matching points are affecting the resulting stitched panorama. How can you use matching points to control which image is being used for a certain part of the panorama?
I am trying to stitch my feet out of a nadir shot, but PW 6 keeps including the feet, even when I take away the matching points for that area of the nadir picture.

Message posted by smooth on December-01-2010 at 12:58pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

It doesn't work like that.

What you are asking is to mask out an unwanted area. Typically I would do this with an Alpha mask in Photoshop. But last I knew Panoweaver didn't respect/support Alpha masks.

You could try painting out the area you don't want with black and see what happens. (Make a copy, don't destroy your original image!).

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by 360Zen on December-01-2010 at 5:00pm
360Zen
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-08-2010
10 Posts
So, smooth, do you not stitch with Panoweaver? What would your nadir photography/stitching process be if you were using PW?

Message posted by smooth on December-02-2010 at 12:54am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I would suggest you don't take pictures of your feet if they are causing a problem.

Tilt your tripod and follow the video/tuition example offered by Easypano. The nadir should be shot 20 degrees offset to the rest of the panorama according to what I have heard.

Personally I can deal with any of these issues within Photoshop.

Regards, Smooth[8D] 

Message posted by phoenixrising on December-08-2010 at 8:02pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Hi there...

I use EP to stich and I think we nearly all use PS to tidy up and improve the image.

But as there are many answers to this and some of the initial EP software solutions are offered. But as I am still to getb to know you and thus understand your queries I'll answer in a roundabout way.

Frebooter: R U looking for new ideas? Like you're site... ;-)

360Zen:

Thus whilst I might deviate from the path of understanding... I feel you may be asking a far more fundemental question... which deserves a roundabout answer ;-)

I've found that this kind of work, panoramic photography, also requires the need/understanding of something like Photoshop as well as some thought to the images/process taken to get the best out of panoramic photography.

EP is a great tool but I initially i needed to manualy stich every 2nd or 3rd image - which was remarkably easy with earlier versions of PW + some basic PS knowledge - but since becoming better at the process of taking the shots this has decreased dramatically. Despite many improvements with EP and other software programmes I still need to tidy up things like Nadir and Zenith if I want total 360 image..., unless i do 6 instead of 4 shots perfectly... which I'll need to/want to do anyhow if I'm creating HDR imageary... and don't want tot just rely on software to do that as well. (I do manual HDR work)

it would really help if I knew about your cam/lens set up as well as you're understanding and workflow... if you're new to the game let us see a sample... we'll be glad to help ;-)

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by Freebooter on December-29-2010 at 1:49pm
View Freebooter's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Freebooter Search   Visit Freebooter's Homepage www   Quote Freebooter Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Freebooter
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
November-08-2010
2 Posts
Phoenixrising: I'm always looking for new ideas, but not in this case.

I have a costumer I'm helping with panoramas.
The problem is that the tripod is showing in the buttom of the images because he is using a 180 lens.
He makes two images of a room and a third image of the floor.
In the two first images you can see the tripod and in the third image you can see his feet.
I am looking for a way to force/mask one image over an other in a way to hide the tripod and the feet.
/Brian

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register