Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Second attempt at Object Modeling Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by RotoPix on June-02-2004 at 12:21am
View RotoPix's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RotoPix Search   Visit RotoPix's Homepage www   Quote RotoPix Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RotoPix
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-11-2004
79 Posts

Hello again.

Thanks for letting me hog up the board for another few seconds. It’s unintentional but I can’t help myself. How many of you got that huge adrenaline rush the first time you saw your first pano scrolling across the screen?

I’m kinda doing that with Object Modeling. I had no idea how hard it was until I tried it. Wow. But I’m sure many of the VR Producers on this Forum thought the same thing about VR until it became “second nature.”

Forgive my enthusiasm… It’s like finding out for the first time you're good at something and don't even know about it.

In this case, Object Modeling is a natual inverse of Panoramic Photograpy, offering its own unique challenges and obstacles.

Many on this forum have done incredible work in that field, and I aspire to be among them someday. But as any true Star Trek fan can recite, there is only so much that can be done with “Bear Skins & Stone Knives”… quoth Spock.

I beg to differ. With little more than a cardboard box and a piece of string I did this:

http://www.rotopix.com/objects/waterglobe/waterglobe.htm

It ain’t the best, but it’s OK I think. (780kb). WAIT for it to load.

This particular example was difficult because of the glass transparency. When surfaces turn Clear it’s hard for programs to do “Edge Detection.” So the only alternative is to process each frame individually.

I'm all ears for suggestions. It's not often I get "psyched" about a project.

Regards,

Brian Jackson

Message posted by VT360 on June-02-2004 at 12:52am
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

hey brian,

on the first glass object, i remember it would jump up and down (vertically).

this new one doesnt do it. is very stable. what did u do different?

Message posted by smooth on June-02-2004 at 1:10am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Sweet job Brian,

I don't think you have anything to aspire too - looks to me you have it pretty much down!

Great work and thanks for you for showing us all.

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by eagle on June-02-2004 at 9:58am
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
Hi Brian,

I've used 3dPhotoBuilder in the past and have removed the background with some work but your "test" product is awesome!

r,
eagle

Message posted by Flash HQ on June-08-2004 at 9:30am
View Flash HQ's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Flash HQ Search   Visit Flash HQ's Homepage www   Quote Flash HQ Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Flash HQ
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-23-2004
12 Posts
Test Product? Did I miss a 'Test Product'?

Do it over with light on the background so it bounces to illuminate the glass? ...listen to me, I've done but one crude object. I am however getting inspired by this and others.

-------------
     -Flash

Larry Flash Alexander

Message posted by RotoPix on June-08-2004 at 7:08pm
View RotoPix's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RotoPix Search   Visit RotoPix's Homepage www   Quote RotoPix Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RotoPix
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-11-2004
79 Posts

Hi Flash.

Your post kinda sent a "mixed message", so I'm not quite sure what you're asking. I did the "Water Globe" example with nothing (equipment or software except for PhotoShop). If I read your message correctly, you're in the same boat as me... looking for methods more conducive for production OM'ing.

The people on this board are very good at their craft, so my only recommendation is to stay tuned and keep asking questions. That's how I'm learning.

Hope to see you around! Take care.

Respectfully,

Brian

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register