Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Canon XTI, Sigma 10-22, NN3 - pls help! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by mr.a.mcgrath on December-16-2010 at 1:20pm
View mr.a.mcgrath's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mr.a.mcgrath Search   Visit mr.a.mcgrath's Homepage www   Quote mr.a.mcgrath Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mr.a.mcgrath
Standard Member
Standard Member
Malta
December-16-2010
2 Posts
I've done everything I can to avoid asking for your help, but I am truly all out of options.

I'm currently using a Canon Rebel XTI (soon upgrading to Canon 7D), a Nodal Ninja 3, and am trying to use my Sigma 10-20 wide angle lens to get the photos necessary to assemble a spherical or cubic panorama.

The research I've done suggests that the best way to achieve good results with this set up is like this:
-1 row of 8 portrait photos at 30 degrees up
-1 row of 8 portrait photos at 30 degrees down
-1 photo up
-1 photo down

Panoweaver 6 (trial) is giving me a hard time right off the bat with stitching the top and bottom 8 photos.

1- What settings should I be using in "image type" in the right column?
2- With my kit, what NPP is optimal?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Message posted by donald on December-16-2010 at 8:52pm
View donald's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by donald Search   Visit donald's Homepage www   Quote donald Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
donald
Standard Member
Standard Member
China
October-22-2010
114 Posts

Hello Friend,

Please visit here:http://www.easypano.com/Panorama-software-47_380.html  to get the tips of taking photos.

I suggest you to try panoweaver7 which is more powerful.

-------------
This is donald from easypano,welcome you to use our products and visit our forum.

Message posted by mr.a.mcgrath on December-19-2010 at 7:33am
View mr.a.mcgrath's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mr.a.mcgrath Search   Visit mr.a.mcgrath's Homepage www   Quote mr.a.mcgrath Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mr.a.mcgrath
Standard Member
Standard Member
Malta
December-16-2010
2 Posts
I am using a Canon Rebel XTI and was planning on upgrading to a Canon 7D. Both of these cameras are not full frame.

What I'm hearing from other pano forums is that my Sigma 10-22 lens might be the main reason for my problems with getting a proper stitch.

Is it possible to use Panoweaver properly with a lens that isn't listed in your equipment compatibility chart? Or is it necessary for me to use a lens recognized by your program that also is compatible with my camera.

What do you think?

Message posted by donald on December-21-2010 at 1:42am
View donald's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by donald Search   Visit donald's Homepage www   Quote donald Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
donald
Standard Member
Standard Member
China
October-22-2010
114 Posts

Hello Friend,

You may use sigma 4.5mm/8mm/10mm lens.

Sigma 4.5mm lens: you need to take only 3 shots(do not need to take top and bottom images)and the stitch time is also very short, but the quality of the images are not very good.

Sigma8mm lens: 4shots(do not need to take top and bottom images), stitch time is also very short,the quality is better than 4.5mm lens.

Sigma10mm lens: 8 shots( 6+T+B), the time used to stitch panorama is a little longer, but the quality is the best.

-------------
This is donald from easypano,welcome you to use our products and visit our forum.

Message posted by smooth on December-22-2010 at 11:53pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by donald on December-21-2010

Sigma10mm lens: 8 shots( 6+T+B), the time used to stitch panorama is a little longer, but the quality is the best.

Quality is the best? I don't agree with that at all. The Sigma 10mm Fisheye suffers badly from Chromatic Aberration far more so than the Sigma 8mm. While you might get a larger image there are far better alternatives to the Sigma 10mm. The Samyang 8mm and Tokina 10-17mm Zoom Fisheye for a start.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register