Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Is anybody using this setup who can help? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by wozzaj on April-10-2011 at 3:14am
View wozzaj's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by wozzaj Search   Quote wozzaj Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
wozzaj
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
June-15-2008
51 Posts

Hi all.

I am using a NN R1 with a Canon EOS450D and a Sigma 8mm F3.5 EX DG Fisheye lens. I am wondering if anyone else is using the same setup that could help me get the right settings regarding the R1 ring rail and tilt. I have been told that 24mm and a tilt of +5 degrees with four shots should do the trick, but it just does not happen.

I have tried this in the past and tested various setting with over 2000 shots taken and can never get that perfect circle of the panohead and had to quit because of new work commitments, but I am kind of back again after an 18 month break and am really interested in cracking this once and for all.

The software I am using is Panoweaver 5 to do the stitching so am limited to the four shots.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Wozza.

-------------
Regards,
Wozza
EOS 450D, Sigma 8mm F3.5 EX DG, Manfrotto 190XPROB

Message posted by fotogian on April-13-2011 at 11:50am
View fotogian's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by fotogian Search   Quote fotogian Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
fotogian
Standard Member
Standard Member
Italy
April-13-2011
1 Posts
what is NNR1?

I use panoweaver 7.20, Nikon D50 and Tamron 10-24 without tripod and the results are good

I think the new versions of panoweaver work better

-------------
www.fotogian.com

Message posted by smooth on April-13-2011 at 12:46pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by fotogian on April-13-2011
what is NNR1?

Nodal Ninja R1 Panohead

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by wozzaj on April-14-2011 at 1:32am
View wozzaj's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by wozzaj Search   Quote wozzaj Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
wozzaj
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
June-15-2008
51 Posts
Yes a Nodal Ninja R1 as recommended by yourself Smooth! It's a nice unit, but I feel I am missing something fundamental as am just not able to to get that perfect NPP setting :(

-------------
Regards,
Wozza

Message posted by smooth on April-14-2011 at 2:05am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I tried helping your before Wozza, but you went away?

Using Panoweaver you are unlikely to meet the demands of perfection. It is an automatic stitcher. It suits some people but not all.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by wozzaj on April-15-2011 at 8:42pm
wozzaj
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
June-15-2008
51 Posts

Hi Smooth.

Yes, I took several months off before to try and learn how to do this, but unfortunately with bills to pay, I had to go back to full time work. With some spare tme on the weekends now I thought I would have another go, but a lot to catch up on. I have checked evrything I am doing more times that I can count and I am 99.9% sure it is all set right so hence my call to anyone else who may have this setup that knows of something I don't so I can crack this once and for all!!

-------------
Regards,
Wozza

Message posted by smooth on April-16-2011 at 5:08am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Wozza,

If you make available the set of images your feel are correct I will happily test them for you.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register