Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Stitiching for WideAngle Lense Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by leescott on April-14-2011 at 5:49pm
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts

I know where to look for the Nodal Point settings for Fisheye Lenses, but I also have a the Wide Angle Lens Nikkor AF-S 12-24 mm 1:4 G ED and want to know is there a similar guide for it as well?

Or is there a better settings for the Hor. Fov: besides the defualt of 75.28 set by PW.

And can someone explain the hor. Fov: settings field

Thanks in advance

Lee

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

Message posted by smooth on April-15-2011 at 2:30am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Lee,

You are NEVER looking for either of the Nodal Points of a lens. That's the first point. You are looking for the EP (Entrance Pupil). Or better still the NPP (No Parallax Point). Set up of any lens remains the same.

The easiest and most accurate way is to use "The Grid" method. AFTER you have set your lower rail using my method

The Grid can be anything that has a grid formation. Oven grill, Spring Bed base, Chicken Wire, Cyclone Fence, Glass window with tape grid. So long as it is stable and doesn't move.

Other known method is the standard type as shown here 

If you send me a set of .jpg's I will confirm your settings and tell you the correct HFOV for your images.

Regards, Smooth [8D] 

Message posted by leescott on April-15-2011 at 1:16pm
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts
Thanks Smooth
The pics can be found here Files
I shot this set at -15. I see I need to set the NPP and I am going to start on that this weekend

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

Message posted by smooth on April-15-2011 at 1:54pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Lee,

The files set I downloaded is one picture short of a full 360 degrees.

Nevertheless, it shows you are getting between 84 and 85 HFOV at 12mm.

NPP mustn't be a million miles out, it stitched pretty well with small control point errors. You also "should" be able cover 360 degrees (a centre row) in as little as 6 rotational shots @ 60 degree click stops with enough overlap. Definitely 2 rows of 8+Zenith 45 degree click stops +/- 30 degrees, Zenith at +90.

You'd be looking at a maximum files size of around 14500x7250px Here it is stitched www.omnipix.net/temp/partial.mov

Regards, Smooth [8D]

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register