Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Pre and Post processing tools Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by DominiqueGEORGE on April-21-2011 at 6:38am
View DominiqueGEORGE's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DominiqueGEORGE Search   Visit DominiqueGEORGE's Homepage www   Quote DominiqueGEORGE Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DominiqueGEORGE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Belgium
August-19-2009
285 Posts

Hi,

as software and technologies are more and more powerfull and close to the perfection, I was thinking about the best way to work !

What soft to buy before starting Virtual Tours ?
Of course PW and TW !

But what about pre/post processing tools ?

• DXO Elite vs Photoshop ?
  • If PhotoShop which version ?  Lightroom ? CS5 ? CS5 Extented ? ...
    There are so many versions that it's quite impossible to make the right choice !
  • Resizing tool ?

This is the question of today !  At least, mine ;-)

Regards,
Dominique.

-------------
Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)

Message posted by leescott on April-21-2011 at 9:57pm
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts

DXO Rocks just did a tuition w/ smooth and he showed me so much about DXO I use STD becuase I only have the D300, but it is the best. I have CS5 and use it, but DXO is more powerful on Pre Processing

Resizing Tool Kiss My Image vs FastStone - Kiss MyImage

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

Message posted by DominiqueGEORGE on April-22-2011 at 2:41am
View DominiqueGEORGE's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DominiqueGEORGE Search   Visit DominiqueGEORGE's Homepage www   Quote DominiqueGEORGE Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DominiqueGEORGE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Belgium
August-19-2009
285 Posts

Thanks for this info.

I'm still using my old D200 ... a friend of mine will maybe sell me his D700 :)

Right now, I'm using DXO also as pre-processing tools.
Are you using specific parameters, or do you just accept all DXO default parameters ?

I wonder how to "post-process" the stitched panorama ?
Better quality, better sharpness, ...
I'm using PhotoFiltre Studio for this ... and was thinking about migrating to Photoshop !

Problem is : which version !  There are so many versions, ... that I don't which one is the most interresting for photo manipulation !

Best regards,
Dominique

-------------
Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)

Message posted by smooth on April-22-2011 at 4:06am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hello Dominique,

Adobe CS4 or CS5 is all you need if you are buying Photoshop. Obviously CS5 is more current and has some better features. Owning a Photoshop license though doesn't give you better images unless you know how to drive it. That is some learning curve. Still, it is the industry standard and I wouldn't be without it.

DxO processes images very well, especially if there is an available module. You can stick with the defaults, though so much more can be achieve by making correct adjustments.

For post possessing of a stitched panorama I like a program called Light Zone. It comes complete with adjustable presets. Or you can build your own presets.

If you own Photoshop you can process RAW files with ACR and that is nice and well supported. If you go with Adobe Lightroom you are buying an organiser that also has ACR and allows 3rd party plug-ins like Photoshop.

Really most pros have all these programs and build workflows from them.

Resizing .jpgs KissMyImage is the go, especially if you want to hit a size target. Need better for all types of resizing I use FM Web Presenter Pro Photoshop Plug-in. (Though last time I look it didn't support 64 bit OS).

Photoshop CS5 is the program. Extended gives you extra programs.

Good luck with your decisions.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by DominiqueGEORGE on April-22-2011 at 5:59am
DominiqueGEORGE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Belgium
August-19-2009
285 Posts

Hi Smooth,

as always, you come with professional and technical answers.
Thanks for this !

My concern is that Photography is just a hobby and not a professional activity (at least till now).  Adobe products are quiet expensive !

I looked for both Adobe products you suggest / recommend : [list]

[*]"Adobe Photoshop CS5" 1.299 $ -> +/- 800

[*] " Adobe Photoshop CS5 extended" 1.899 $ (pre-order)[/list]

I think I'll wait a little bit before jumping into Adobe world :'(

I'll have a look to LightZone ;-)

Best reagrds,
Dominique

-------------

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register