Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: How do you set initial zoom parameter?? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Lance on June-19-2004 at 11:05pm
View Lance's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Lance Search   Visit Lance's Homepage www   Quote Lance Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Lance
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
June-19-2004
2 Posts
Hi all. I have made a single shot fisheye panorama that can be viewed at http://www.avica.com.au/08_panoramas/beautysalon/beauty.htm . The trouble is I feel it is too pixelated and "up close". I am trying to find out how the initial view parameters can be changed to zoom it out about 10%. The closest parameter setting I have found is <PARAM NAME="initialView" value="0.0, 180.0, 1.0"> where the last field is supposed to affect the zoom angle?? Not sure if I'm on the right track though as when I alter the setting it makes no difference to the movie. Any help much appreciated.

Message posted by RotoPix on June-19-2004 at 11:26pm
View RotoPix's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RotoPix Search   Visit RotoPix's Homepage www   Quote RotoPix Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RotoPix
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-11-2004
79 Posts

Hi Lance.

Try this (replace your code between the applet tags with this):

<APPLET archive = "ptviewer.jar" code="ptviewer.class" width=360 height=240>
          <PARAM NAME=pwidth value="1400">
          <PARAM NAME=pheight value="700">
          <PARAM NAME=roi0 value="i'beautysalon.jpg' x350 y0">
          <PARAM name=wait value="wait.gif">
          <PARAM name=frame value="bar.gif">
    <param name=tilt value="-10">

<PARAM name=fov value="100">
          <param name=barcolor value="0000ff">
          <PARAM name=bgcolor value="ffffff">
          <PARAM name=auto value="0.5">
          <PARAM name=panmin value="-90">
          <PARAM name=panmax value="90">
          <param name=shotspot0   value=" x292 y225 a395 b240 u'ptviewer:startAutoPan(0.5,0,1)' ">
                  <param name=shotspot1   value=" x309 y225 a412 b240 u'ptviewer:stopAutoPan()' ">
                  <param name=shotspot2   value=" x326 y225 a429 b240 u'ptviewer:startAutoPan(0,0,0.97)' ">
                  <param name=shotspot3   value=" x343 y225 a450 b240 u'ptviewer:startAutoPan(0,0,1.03)' ">
        </APPLET>

I added a "fov" line. You can also specify fovmin= and fovmax= parameters to limit the zoom depth in and out. By the way, you don't necessarily have to call out <PARAM name=x...> for every control setting. Have a look at our Gallery page code at RotoPix.com (right-click and select "view source".) All of your parameters can be called out at once. Might save you some time and simplify your code. Hope this helps. Welcome to the forum! Nice fisheye shot by the way.

Brian Jackson - RotoPix

Message posted by Lance on June-19-2004 at 11:50pm
View Lance's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Lance Search   Visit Lance's Homepage www   Quote Lance Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Lance
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
June-19-2004
2 Posts

Thanks so much for all your help Brian. Your site looks great. Love the fisheye lens. Took your advice and looked over your code. I didn't realise you could cut it down that much. I have just relied on the generated code and make some minor adjustments as it's all a bit beyond me. The fov works great and I have uploaded the new script. Now I'm going to go through them all and work out some min and max values. Thanks again and good luck to you.

Cheers
Lance  

Message posted by RotoPix on June-20-2004 at 2:41am
View RotoPix's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RotoPix Search   Visit RotoPix's Homepage www   Quote RotoPix Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RotoPix
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-11-2004
79 Posts

Thanks, Lance. Glad I could be of service to you.

Much of what I've learned has been gathered bit by bit from generous people sharing their knowledge and experience, as you're seeing now. Collectively the VR industry improves and evolves as a whole. I'm grateful for these forums... You'll be amazed what can be learned here if you stick around and pay attention.

See you around (there's a VR pun in there somewhere),

Brian

Message posted by wicer on October-13-2005 at 3:39pm
View wicer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by wicer Search   Quote wicer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
wicer
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
October-13-2005
3 Posts

Hopefully one of you can help.

When I picture a 360 degree pano I see the wait picture and the bar uploading.

I made some panos < 360 degrees and used the roi0 param. Now I get some kind of frame to see. My wait picture just for a moment and the bar not loading at all.

How can I change this?

Message posted by 360texas on October-13-2005 at 5:18pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Wicer, URL ? So we may too see please?

Here is a great page to decide what code to use

http://users2.ev1.net/~wufdog/PT/ptviewerscripting/_ptViewer_Start.htm

And of course you have been here before:

http://360Texas.com

We are on MSN and Yahoo chat 8am - 4pm M - F Central Texas time (GMT/UTC -6)

Yahoo  texas360dave at yahoo dot com
MSN  texas360 at hotmail dot com

Send me a quick email before you add us to your Chat List.  That way I will know you are coming.  dave at 360Texas dot com

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register