Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: MrotatorBP vs. Kaidan head? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by steiner on June-25-2004 at 7:59am
View steiner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by steiner Search   Visit steiner's Homepage www   Quote steiner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts

Hi all

I have a Nikon 8700 and a FCE9fisheye.  I'm considering purchasing either an Agnos MrotatorBP head or a Kaidan QuickPan III Twin Axis bracket with SS rotator.  Could anyone offer support for one over another?

I'm new to VR work but I have to say I'm attracted to the Agnos head as it seems to be so much more compact.

Thanks in advance

Message posted by yowsiang on June-25-2004 at 9:37am
View yowsiang's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by yowsiang Search   Quote yowsiang Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
yowsiang
Standard Member
Standard Member

October-08-2002
58 Posts

Hi Steiner,

Is it possible for you to sent me a set of images taken from your camera with the e-9 lens? my email is yowsiang@hemadeus.com i am considering to upgrade my camera system but not sure how much difference it will make from coolpix 5000 to 8700.

many thanks

yowsiang

Message posted by smooth on June-25-2004 at 9:53am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi steiner,

I own a Kaidan Twin Axis Bracket/Panohead and it is a quality product. It is also very heavy. I also went for the Stainless Steel Rotator. I have not ever had my hands on the MrotatorBP but can tell you the MrotatorA and MrotatorQ I have in my possession are both of high quality also.

It a decision you will need to make yourself, but with the confidence that both are quality products.

I hope this helps somewhat!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by steiner on June-25-2004 at 9:59am
View steiner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by steiner Search   Visit steiner's Homepage www   Quote steiner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts

Hi Yowsiang

I'd be happy to send you images but I've not got the VR head as yet so I've not created any panos. Are you just seeking a singular fisheye image?

Cheers

Steiner

Message posted by steiner on June-25-2004 at 11:18am
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on June-25-2004

Hi steiner,

I own a Kaidan Twin Axis Bracket/Panohead and it is a quality product. It is also very heavy. I also went for the Stainless Steel Rotator. I have not ever had my hands on the MrotatorBP but can tell you the MrotatorA and MrotatorQ I have in my possession are both of high quality also.

It a decision you will need to make yourself, but with the confidence that both are quality products.

I hope this helps somewhat!

Regards, Smooth

It does thanks.  Could you tell me if  either of your products are better at keeping the tripod legs out of the final image? 

Cheers

Message posted by yowsiang on June-25-2004 at 7:52pm
View yowsiang's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by yowsiang Search   Quote yowsiang Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
yowsiang
Standard Member
Standard Member

October-08-2002
58 Posts

Hi Steiner,

Yes, if you could send me a singular image it would be really greatly appreciated. I just need to see if the image clarity and resolution has alot of difference with my current system.

Thanks again

Yow Siang

Message posted by smooth on June-27-2004 at 10:51am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by steiner on June-25-2004

It does thanks.  Could you tell me if  either of your products are better at keeping the tripod legs out of the final image? 

Cheers

Mate, check this thread to see what you get as for tripod in your images by either of these panoheads. Pretty much the same and quite easy to clone out with experience.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by seaman on June-27-2004 at 11:03pm
View seaman's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by seaman Search   Visit seaman's Homepage www   Quote seaman Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
seaman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

April-23-2002
108 Posts
Either one works fine. But Agnos is a little bit cheaper.

-------------
To see is to believe

Message posted by steiner on June-28-2004 at 2:17pm
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on June-27-2004

Mate, check this thread to see what you get as for tripod in your images by either of these panoheads. Pretty much the same and quite easy to clone out with experience.

Regards, Smooth

Thanks Smooth - that's a great help!

Cheers - Steiner

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register