Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: FullScreen QTVR in PanoWeaver? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by steiner on June-28-2004 at 2:35pm
View steiner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by steiner Search   Visit steiner's Homepage www   Quote steiner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts

Hi all

I just came across this site: http://www.fullscreenqtvr.com/  Can I achieve anything like this using 3 fisheye images and PanoWeaver or does this call for entirely different hardware/software?

Thanks - Steiner

Message posted by phoenixrising on June-28-2004 at 3:35pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

No u don't..... well that is partialy correct.

Most of the full screen work u've seen will have been made with panotools and and six shots... ie one for each side of the cube. This is due to the fact that u need a whole lot of data for a full screen and will lose out on detail and image quality when stretching to far. Also, u'll find that the fairly soft lens of Nikons fc-e8 will hardly come up to scratch when comparing it to those beatiful shots done by this team. They're most likely using a D-SLR with appropriatte lenses, good streaming and QT knowledge, first class PS work, good studio lighting..... All of these make a huge difference.

However, I've recently experimented with full screen and my Nikon Coolpix 4500 with success. Alas I don't have it online. However, I did only manage this by taking 3 shots of 183x 140 deg. That is that I zoomed in from the normal circular image so far that the top and bottom of the image touches the screen and the sides are cropped. Thus capturing a 140x183 deg image and using around 2000 pixels of image height or at least 3/4's of my sensor. I then input the three cropped images into panoweaver... which does actually cope well with this... and created a 2000x4000 image. Enough for a full screen.... but not to the same standard as the guys on the aforementioned page.

I'm working on it though and'll be in stuttgart for the Panotools workshop and'll ask on this matter and inform u all.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by steiner on June-28-2004 at 5:52pm
View steiner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by steiner Search   Visit steiner's Homepage www   Quote steiner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts

That's great - I'm looking forward to hear what they say at your conference.

Regards - Steiner

Message posted by smooth on June-28-2004 at 10:48pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Absolutely you can!

It will require a Digital SLR that will produce a full circular image when mated to a 180 degree fisheye lens like the Sigma 8mm or the same lens fitted to a Analogue SLR.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by seaman on June-29-2004 at 12:11am
View seaman's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by seaman Search   Visit seaman's Homepage www   Quote seaman Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
seaman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

April-23-2002
108 Posts

Surely you can.

Canon 1DS SLR + Sigma 8mm fisheye lens. Refer to http://www.easypano.com/product/slr.htm for more info. Even the movie "Troy" use this equipments and Panoweaver to make panoramas with very high resolution. Refer to http://www.cgnetworks.com/story_custom.php?story_id=2195&page=4 for more.

-------------
To see is to believe

Message posted by PANO4YOU on June-29-2004 at 12:45am
View PANO4YOU's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by PANO4YOU Search   Visit PANO4YOU's Homepage www   Quote PANO4YOU Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
PANO4YOU
Standard Member
Standard Member
Singapore
June-14-2004
52 Posts

Hi !

it WORKS ! I use the 1Ds and the Sigma 8mm, its wonderful..

http://www.pano4you.com/showroom.htm then goto KAKKU TEMPLE > FULLSCREEN.

my stitching is not perfect yet ;-( and try to find compromiese bewteen sharpness and file size.

cheers

Sven

Message posted by smooth on June-29-2004 at 4:33am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Sven,

Great to see you site up and running. The 1Ds and Sigma seem to be a good combination. (Wish I could afford to buy one!)

Maybe next year - or maybe easypano Panoweaver and my Canon 10D/Sigma Fisheye will shake hands at the next update?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by steiner on June-29-2004 at 6:08am
steiner
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-21-2004
212 Posts
Thanks to everybody for their feedback and suggestions.  As I've only just purchsed the NIkon 8700, looks like I'll have to hold off on full screen work (gotta walk before you can run).  I had been considering the Nikon D70 digi SLR but went with the 8700 as it offered 8megapixel as compared to 6 - but perhaps that was a mistake.  Anyway, the 1Ds is definitely out of my budget - for the present at least.

Message posted by smooth on June-29-2004 at 6:14am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

A 4MP Digital SLR will out perform an 8MP Prosumer model every time.

It's more to do with the lenses and SLR technology.

Still the 8MP Prosumer Camera can produce nice images also.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by phoenixrising on June-29-2004 at 3:15pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Yeah... it has something to do with the amount of bundled ambient light a SLR lens brings to the chip. Also I like the fact that the D70 has the ability to take 12 shots in three seconds with a buffer to match. This means that it'll act like a proper camera. Also it has very slight shutter lag which is also just great.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register