Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Two Questions Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by benpopik on February-29-2012 at 4:00pm
View benpopik's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by benpopik Search   Quote benpopik Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
benpopik
Standard Member
Standard Member

December-01-2011
3 Posts
Hi Panoramers -- I have two questions:

1. I shot a series of photos for constructing a spherical panorama using a Canon 50D, and a Tokina 11-16 (set at 12mm). Using an online panorama calculator, I found that my hfov should be 63.67 degrees. However, when I run the stitching process using that figure, I don't get fantastic results (especially where the wall meets the ceiling). Any insights into a better way to calculate hfov?

Here is an example image set, in case anyone wants to see what I'm working with (not including floor/ceiling): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9950969/Kitchen.zip

2. Since I plan to use Panoweaver and Tourweaver a good deal, and am new to the programs, I'm curious to know whether anyone has put together a workflow tutorial for the virtual tour process (in my case, spherical panoramas). If so, I'd be interested in purchasing it -- this post process isn't 100% intuitive, and it'd be really great to have some insight from some seasoned pros. Does such a tutorial exist?

Thanks!

Message posted by smooth on March-01-2012 at 2:58am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

G'day Ben,

Here is some answer for you.

1. Firstly the APS-C sensor Canon 50D with the Tokina at 12mm will give you approximately  63 degrees HFOV. So this requires 8 rotational images to complete the full 360 degrees with decent 20+ degrees of overlap. You will require 3 rows 0, -45 and +45 and a Zenith/Up, Nadir/Down shot if my rough calculations are right.

Your images show you have not "nailed" the NPP (no parallax position) and you need to take more care setting up your panohead. Here are two examples where parallax is evident in your panorama.

These areas should show no parallax between the same areas. This is sure indicator that your panohead/camera position needs attention and is the likely cause of stitching errors and misalignments. More help on this in this thread.

2. I teach all things panorama on a "One on One" basis. No set coarse, we work through things as necessary.

I will contact you privately.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by benpopik on March-01-2012 at 9:44am
View benpopik's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by benpopik Search   Quote benpopik Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
benpopik
Standard Member
Standard Member

December-01-2011
3 Posts
Thanks Smooth. Unfortunately, for those tests I used a panohead that I built myself. I've since purchased a Nodal Ninja, so expect better results next time.

I sent you an email yesterday -- did you receive it? Please contact me at benpopik(at)gmail.com regarding your instruction.

Thanks again.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register