Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: i cant create panorama Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by don_pancho on March-21-2012 at 3:47am
View don_pancho's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by don_pancho Search   Quote don_pancho Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
don_pancho
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
December-17-2010
44 Posts

Hi; I cant stitch image with panoweaver 6; I know I am doing something wrong; I think it is problem with HOR Fov; but I cant mend it; I havve a pentak Kx with pentax 10-17mm; I use automatic mode without flash and follow what recomended me Smooth:

"Because you have a Pentax camera body you MUST buy a Pentax 10-17mm Zoom Fisheye.
But for all others reading who may have a Nikon, Canon etc the Tokina 10-17mm Zoom Fisheye is the same lens.
Yes, 6+2 shots to complete a sphere in the usual shooting method.
6x rotational shots at 0 degrees tilt, @60 degree click stops. 1x Zenith shot +90 degrees. 1x Nadir shot -90 degrees.
A better method of shooting would be:
6x rotational shots at -10 degrees tilt down, @60 degree click stops. 2x Zenith shots at +70 degrees tilt up, @180 degrees opposed. 1x tilted tripod offset Nadir shot to cover tripod position. 6+2+1
The Pentax/Tokina is a great fisheye lens with better attributes then that of the Peleng. First it has electrical contacts, so it does communicate with the camera. The Zoom is also a great option, allowing you to shoot higher resolution if needed (of course it will then require more images to cover the sphere). Second it produces an image with less lens flare and is superior with Chromatic Aberration. Third is that you will get correct EXIF data written to the image.
The Samyang 8mm fisheye is also a fine fisheye and far better than the Peleng. But it is a full manual lens with no electrical contacts. You must set everything manually and no aperture information is passed onto the image EXIF data.
Your best option for the Pentax is the Pentax 10-17mm Zoom Fisheye as I recommended in my first reply."

how can i upload images?

Message posted by smooth on March-21-2012 at 7:02am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You need to upload a set of images using your own FTP website (then provide a download link) or use a service like www.yousendit.com or Dropbox etc.

The forum doesn't support image or file hosting.

You can also try this new Easypano service, though I'm not sure what service supports?

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by don_pancho on March-21-2012 at 8:29am
View don_pancho's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by don_pancho Search   Quote don_pancho Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
don_pancho
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
December-17-2010
44 Posts
thanks a lot
here you are
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/68384280/hello%20please%20hel%20me.rar

Message posted by smooth on March-21-2012 at 8:50am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

It appears to stitch OK with Panoweaver 8 although not perfect.

The FOV is 88.70 (Fullframe Fisheye) at 10mm

I would say your NPP setting is out slightly. You are also not shooting the scene correctly. Your shutter speed, ISO, WB and Aperture should remain exactly the same for every shot. Your Aperture should be locked in at f/8 to f/11 as this is the sweet spot for this lens.

Anyway here is a stitched version to play with.

When I have a bit of time I will test the images with Panoweaver 6.0

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by don_pancho on March-21-2012 at 8:58am
don_pancho
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
December-17-2010
44 Posts
thanks a lot so how should i put camera?
no automatic?

Message posted by don_pancho on March-21-2012 at 9:06am
don_pancho
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
December-17-2010
44 Posts
what that is means :" I would say your NPP setting is out slightly"
sorry I am a begginer
thanks a lot

Message posted by don_pancho on March-21-2012 at 3:52pm
don_pancho
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
December-17-2010
44 Posts
hi again; I tested it and when I create pano psd I have this:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/68384280/pano0.psd
how can I meand this?
thanks a lot

Message posted by smooth on March-22-2012 at 12:40am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
  • No "Automatic" settings. Camera must be set to (M) manual.
  • Lens must be set to (M) manual
  • Set the Aperture to f/11.0
  • Adjust the shutter speed to meet the average of the scene via the internal light meter.

All images shot for a panorama must be shot with the same (single) settings. You must imagine that you can shoot the panorama in one shot. Using manual mode you can keep Aperture, Shutter Speed, White Balance and ISO all the same. Using "Automatic" the camera will change things in every shot. Meaning you will NOT have a set of images that match and will see some dark and others light. Making a real mess of things once stitched.

The No Parallax Position (NPP) must be found. This is where the camera/lens rotates around the X and Y axis of this found position and why panoheads allow for adjustments in (at least) two directions. See this thread.

Your link http://dl.dropbox.com/u/68384280/pano0.psd gives error 404 not found.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by don_pancho on March-22-2012 at 4:11am
don_pancho
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
December-17-2010
44 Posts
I send you link; but after I rode you I know that problem with I send you is a problem of aperture and Iso ( i think ) notwithstanding; could you tell me how I could mend it know without making photo again?
thanks a lot

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/68384280/pano0.rar

Message posted by smooth on March-22-2012 at 4:21am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

To fix the .psd layers to an acceptable result would take many hours of work.

Potentially I could maybe do something with the original images. Please provide a link to the images for stitching.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register