Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: stitching problem !! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by rawan on March-21-2012 at 10:53am
View rawan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rawan Search   Visit rawan's Homepage www   Quote rawan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rawan
Standard Member
Standard Member
Saudi Arabia
February-23-2011
27 Posts
My friends

Hope all are well.

could you please any one explain this problem when i stitch the panorama so I didn't know why this happened??!! i take all photos as well as i can.

my camera is canon 7D and 8.00 lens fisheye and i toke 4 images

www.seastarnetwork.com/pano/pano0.jpg

Message posted by smooth on March-22-2012 at 12:45am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Can you please make a link to the original images for stitching and tell what version and build number of the software you are using.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by rawan on March-22-2012 at 6:06am
View rawan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rawan Search   Visit rawan's Homepage www   Quote rawan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rawan
Standard Member
Standard Member
Saudi Arabia
February-23-2011
27 Posts
Hi smooth,

find the RAW images on this link

www.seastarnetwork.com/pano/

i have the same issuse whether i made stitching by the RAW directly or when i made its tif files.

the version i used is Panoweaver pro 7.30.6282

this problem i got it a lot of time when i use this camera i don't know what is the problem.

Message posted by smooth on March-22-2012 at 10:01am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Your images are very soft and not focused correctly. There is also evidence of dirt on the lens. I stitched your images successfully with Panoweaver 8 and also PTGui Pro. Panoweaver 7 failed (Automatic Stitching) using both algorithms. But again your images being soft on focus are not helping the placement of control points.

You should NOT stitch RAW files ever! RAW files need to be processed correctly to relieve errors (Remove CA, Vignetting and Noise) and add sharpness along with tonal corrections.

Things to do:

• Remove lens and clean from and rear elements.
  • Clean camera sensor.
  • Find better focus by taking a series of shots in manual focus and comparing. Once best position found (tape) focus down on lens.
  • Shoot RAW and process correctly then export to 16 Bit .tif files

Hope this helps.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by rawan on March-23-2012 at 4:52pm
rawan
Standard Member
Standard Member
Saudi Arabia
February-23-2011
27 Posts
Quote:
  • Find better focus by taking a series of shots in manual focus and comparing. Once best position found (tape) focus down on lens.
  • Shoot RAW and process correctly then export to 16 Bit .tif files

• Thanks A lot but could you explain those two points as more information in easy step what I have to do for each.

Thanks again

Message posted by leescott on March-24-2012 at 6:56am
    View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
    leescott
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    United States
    November-10-2008
    314 Posts
    Here a quick overview of the Canon w/ Video talks about Shooting in Raw (setup) and some on Manual Mode setup
    Canon 7D Setup Video

Another good Video for Shooting in Manual Mode By Adoram TV
    Canon 7D in Manual Mode
    It helps me to see how it is done
    Hope this helps you rawan

-------------
    Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
    ----
    To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

Message posted by rawan on March-25-2012 at 11:13am
    rawan
    Standard Member
    Standard Member
    Saudi Arabia
    February-23-2011
    27 Posts
    thanks for those link but all talking about the setting in general. could you please tell me which custom setting for take a panorama?

thanks

Message posted by leescott on March-25-2012 at 2:34pm
    View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
    leescott
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    United States
    November-10-2008
    314 Posts

rawan,

Sorry I shoot with a Nikon and don't know Canon product.  Search the forum for Canon

-------------
    Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
    ----
    To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

Message posted by rawan on March-26-2012 at 5:02am
    rawan
    Standard Member
    Standard Member
    Saudi Arabia
    February-23-2011
    27 Posts
    Thank you

could any one have or know about setting of canon 7D??!!

Message posted by smooth on March-26-2012 at 7:23am
    smooth
    Forum Moderator
    Forum Moderator
    Australia
    November-23-2002
    5401 Posts

All "PASM" mode cameras work pretty much the same.

You want to be in manual mode (M).

Set the Aperture to f/11, measure the light colour for White Balance using any known method (See link) Your ISO should be set as low as possible (to avoid grain) and then the Shutter Speed set to match the "average" light of the metered scene. You adjust this to match the internal camera light meter that is shown via the LCD. The meter is shown as a line of dashes -2ev|--|--|+2v it is the centerline that is 0ev and this is the mark at which you set your shutter speed. You use the camera thumb wheel to adjust the settings.

All that is mentioned is "normal and expected" manual camera knowledge and is shown and explained in the camera owners manual.

Being able to shoot quality panoramas requires you to know how to drive your camera in manual mode.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
    If you are not already registered you must first register