Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Google Chrome Renders Safari Only Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by pixelator on July-03-2012 at 12:25am
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Publishing with the Merge Flash, HTML5 setting Google chrome renders a white screen with safari only.

Safari renders it without music and moving left instead of right.

Renders properly in IE, FF and Opera.

Don't have an iDevice to test and the Android device doesn't work at all.

What is the best way to publish a tour from Panoweaver 8 so that the browser is automatically detected and the tour renders properly?

I'm doing a bit of a work around to get the little planet intro. I'm adding a linkable hotspot that will take you into the Tourweaver 7 tour.

Message posted by smooth on July-03-2012 at 1:11am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

If Chrome has Flash Browser Plug-in installed it will play the Flash no problem.

Easypano HTML5 is Safari compliant ONLY. This means HTML5 from Panoweaver or Tourweaver will NOT work with other HTML5 supported browsers. I.E: Opera, Chrome and Firefox

Since Easypano updated to Flash 11 output Android is no longer working with Flash. Using TW 6.5 which publishes with Flash 9 will work on Android so long you reduce the files sizes and maximize memory strain.

We live in hope that Easypano are working on correcting all these issues.

Regards, Smooth [8D] 

Message posted by pixelator on July-03-2012 at 10:05am
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Thanks Smooth for the response!

Mate, I have the flash plugin installed and it's not detecting the output.
http://360virtuals.com/avista/_flash_html5/avista.htm

When I publish to separately to Flash VR and HTML5 it will render.
http://360virtuals.com/one-avista/_flash/one-avista.html

I guess I need to take a class on HTML5 and how it works. I don't understand how HTML5 would render in one browser and not the next? I thought that was the whole idea of moving forward with compliant standards that would integrate and work from one browser to the next.

As far as Android I've tried running the Firefox and Opera mobile browsers and they fail as well.

Message posted by smooth on July-03-2012 at 12:16pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I can view the HTML5 version in Safari via your link

But this link is NOT the auto detection page and the directory is named oddly.

On HTML5 you have two 3D standards WebGL and Css3 via Webkit. Not all browsers support the same and in no way is HTML5 a settled standard/argument. Companies have their own agendas as is the norm.

As it stands Easypano supports Safari HTML5/Css3 only.

From an Easypano product point of view Android works with Flash when produced from TW 6.5 NOT TW7. None of the HTML5 browsers on Android will play Easypano HTML5 because it requires Safari and this is NOT available on the Android platform.

<Smooth Rant>Ah, wasn't nice when every browser supported Flash? But no, Apple had to do it's own thing and we keep getting told HTML5 is the answer. Well maybe one day!, So far it has been nothing but misery for Pano makers. Betacord anybody? DVD+R vs DVD-R all to familiar</Smooth Rant>

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by pixelator on July-05-2012 at 10:31am
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on July-03-2012

But this link is NOT the auto detection pageandthe directory is named oddly.

What does the link to the auto detection page look like? What is odd about the name of this directory?

This is what I get when choosing the Merge Flash VR, HTML5 box. When I deselect and choose the the box's separately is when I get the file structure that seems to render in Google chrome. But when doing separately I'm not sure how to get the auto detect.

Hope that makes sense?

Thanks for the help mate!

Message posted by smooth on July-05-2012 at 11:21am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The file structure goes like this:

_auto (folder)

html5 (folder)  flash (folder)

You have an _auto folder with two folders within html5 and flash each of these three (3) folders has it's own HTML page.

It is the HTML page that is within the _auto folder that has the auto detect code.

If this page detects Safari on iPod, iPhone or iPad it will serve up the html5 version of the tour. If your Safari browser (on PC or Mac) has Flash browser plug-in installed it will show the Flash version and NOT the html5 version.

You should never see the HTML5 on a PC or Mac computer with Flash browser plug-in installed and active/enabled.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by pixelator on July-05-2012 at 6:13pm
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
hhmmmmm? Not in my case?

I have no _auto folder showing up anywhere? It is bypassing the _auto folder and giving me a _flash_HTML5 folder.

By using this file structure that Panoweaver is giving me, it's detecting. The tour opens in Safari but rotates left instead of right and has no sound?

Screen Shot Of File Structure

Thanks mate!

Message posted by smooth on July-08-2012 at 6:48am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Sorry Mate,

The structure I showed was for Tourweaver 7 and NOT Panoweaver 8.

Fair Dinkum!, why these are different to one another is beyond me? Anyway, what is the _auto folder in Tourweaver is the _flash_html5 folder in Panoweaver and instead of two (2) folders within this folder it has a shared combination of "floating" files.

I have tested on PC and all works as expected. Tested on iPhone/iPad and the HTML5 flavour is delivered. Tested on Android using Opera and Firefox and both fail (just like TW7 versions) all you get is a white screen

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by smooth on July-08-2012 at 7:02am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by pixelator on July-05-2012
By using this file structure that Panoweaver is giving me, it's detecting. The tour opens in Safari but rotates left instead of right and has no sound?

Rotation direction is an option in the HTML5 publish settings. Left/Right optional via Radio Button selection.

HTML5/Apple requires sound to be initiated by the user/viewer and thus MUST have a button. This is a "Security" feature of HTML5. Yay! [xx(]

Regards, Smooth [8D]

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register