Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Stitching Issues Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by ConnorW1992 on July-06-2012 at 5:54am
View ConnorW1992's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ConnorW1992 Search   Visit ConnorW1992's Homepage www   Quote ConnorW1992 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ConnorW1992
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-21-2012
8 Posts
Good morning.

I was wondering if anybody could help me with an issue I am encountering using PW7 stitching a certain image, all my other recent images are stitching fine, but this set seems to encounter a problem near the floor at one point. The problem is clearly visible in immersive view

Here is the link to the set of images I am using

Kitchen Images

Kind Regards
Connor

Message posted by smooth on July-08-2012 at 4:47am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The Nadir image (8) is not a true image from the camera. It has been modified and contains a major stitching error. There is no way this image is going to be stitched into the panorama without having the bad effect you are describing.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by ConnorW1992 on July-09-2012 at 4:24am
View ConnorW1992's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ConnorW1992 Search   Visit ConnorW1992's Homepage www   Quote ConnorW1992 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ConnorW1992
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-21-2012
8 Posts
Ok thanks for the response smooth, I was just needing to do tripod removal and was trying to do it manually as I have done it on multiple occasions without any errors, could you recommend any ways of applying a tripod removal I still have the original Nadir image in the folder for that image on my desktop.

Kind regards
Connor

Message posted by smooth on July-09-2012 at 6:08am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You have quite a few options to deal with the tripod patching or removal.

• By far the best way is to shoot the nadir area with the tripod removed out of the way. This can be done with a tilted tripod, hand held or a tripod with horizontal arm. Some manufacturers of Panoheads like Nodal Ninja offer a Nadir adapter.
  • You could use the Easypano software patching feature. 
  • You can convert your panorama to cube faces and edit the nadir tripod area in Photoshop using a combination of the Clone and Healing tools. You might even use a combination of another shot or shots and mask and blend via layers.
  • Programs like Pano2VR and Panotools PTEditor allow you to pan and zoom "any" area of the sphere and extract and area for correction before placing this corrected area back into place.

I'd suggest you try the cube faces first and move on from there trying out the different options until you find the workflow that suits you best. 

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by ConnorW1992 on July-09-2012 at 6:50am
ConnorW1992
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-21-2012
8 Posts
Thank you for your quick response, I was looking into software solutions and I did not know there was a hardware for Nadir shots, I will look into getting a nadir adapter swiftly as software solutions take up valuable time for me as I am not the best with the software side of 360's other than Panoweaver and Tourweaver.

Regards,
Connor

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register