Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: HDR Solution Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by skyEffect on October-21-2012 at 12:01am
View skyEffect's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by skyEffect Search   Quote skyEffect Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
skyEffect
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-20-2012
2 Posts
Hey Everyone,

This is my first post as I've just started using Panoweaver this last week.

I've been trying to do HDR images of some indoor panoramas. I've followed the instructions that EasyPano has for HDR images. I've shot the room three times at three different exposure levels. I import each exposure set into Panoweave, stitch an exposure set together, then save the panorama. I do this for all three exposures. I then take each of those panoramas and import them into Panoweaver HDR. I click the 'Create HDR Image' icon and it creates an image but the panoramas aren't lining up so it has all this 'ghosting' going on from the different exposure layers.

I noticed that as I created and exported each of the panoramas Panoweaver wasn't stitching them the same way even though every exposure set was shot at the same degree intervals. Consequently the exposure layers don't line up exactly in Panoweaver HDR. Am I doing something wrong here? I thought Panoweaver HDR would line up the different exposure layers automatically.

FYI: I shoot in RAW and import all images into Panoweaver as RAW.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Message posted by smooth on October-21-2012 at 5:40am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Couple of tips:

You should never stitch unprocessed RAW images.
You should process/develop your RAW files to 16 Bit .tif images.
You should HDR individual shots before stitching, saving each as 16 Bit .tif

Good luck.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by celavey on October-21-2012 at 10:48pm
View celavey's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by celavey Search   Quote celavey Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
celavey
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-16-2012
20 Posts
Can you share why it has to be saved by 16bit?

Message posted by smooth on October-22-2012 at 12:19am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Whilst the image is still in 16 Bit format you can still manipulate a wider colour gamut. Gradients are smoother and more detail is preserved.

Please read: http://www.photoshopessentials.com/essentials/16-bit/

In the end the images will be shown via Tourweaver or Panoweaver as 8 bit .jpg but this should always be the very final step.

If nothing else it helps to prevent colour banding. This is normally a problem in panoramas with blue sky shots. The gradual transition is not smooth and looks horrible. Editing in 16 bit helps prevent this effect from happening.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register