Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Canon 10D, Sigma 8mm Fisheye, Now what? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by ogmios on August-24-2004 at 4:15pm
View ogmios's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ogmios Search   Quote ogmios Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ogmios
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-24-2004
4 Posts

Hi everyone,
I am totally new to this and I'm seeking some help. I am going crazy triyng to find a good solution.
I have a Canon 10D, Sigma 8mm Fisheye, Kaidan QuickPan Spherical rotator and bracket. I am now looking at the easiest solution to create spherical (with ceiling and floor) virtual tours for the web.
I have looked at several softwares and panoweaver seemed to be promising.
Panoweaver states that their software is compatible with my setup, but yet when using 3 images, it doesn't even come close. I think that I have the nodal point right or at least very close....
I am desperate for some pointers on what I should do and any tips on achieving my goals with my current hardware.

Thank you all for any help you may provide.
xoxoxoxo
Olivia

Message posted by 360texas on August-24-2004 at 4:45pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hmm not sure what you mean "it doesn't even come close" ?   Did you try adjusting the FOV or manual stitching that will let you adjust the yaw, pitch and roll??

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by ogmios on August-24-2004 at 5:17pm
View ogmios's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ogmios Search   Quote ogmios Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ogmios
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-24-2004
4 Posts

I am very lost because, actually looking at the pcitures I took, I do not have any overlap... I read a lot of things about the 10D and the sigma 8mm, and all is confusing to me. It seems like I should be able to get some overlap. Could someone look at the pictures I took and let me know if my nodel point is off, any advice and if my nodal point is ok, what settings I need for panoweaver:

http://www.rosmerta.com/360/01.jpg

http://www.rosmerta.com/360/02.jpg

http://www.rosmerta.com/360/03.jpg

Thank you!!!
Olivia

Message posted by Neo X on August-25-2004 at 11:22am
View Neo X's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Neo X Search   Quote Neo X Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Neo X
Standard Member
Standard Member
China
August-04-2004
21 Posts

Hi, Olivia

From the pictures you may find they are not full circular. Because of the limitation of CCD, something on both sides are missed. The result is that you can only get approx 345 degree horizontally. Not overlap, true.

Thus, at least right now, the set of Canon 10D and Sigma 8mm Fisheye is not very compatible equipment. I heard that the next version of Panoweaver will solve this problem and work with 4 or 6 pictures above(enough overlap) to make a panorama.

Expectinging...

-------------
TO BE, OR NOT TO BE. IS IT THE QUESTION?

Message posted by marktold on August-25-2004 at 3:27pm
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

Check this Pages

http://www.easypano.com/product/slr.htm

as well as

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/j.houghton/360tute.htm

Hope that helps.

Regards Markus

Message posted by marktold on August-25-2004 at 3:40pm
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

This page might help you too

http://www.path.unimelb.edu.au/~bernardk/tutorials/360/index.html

Regards Markus

Message posted by smooth on August-25-2004 at 7:51pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Olivia,

Before you will be able to make any progress you will need to find the nodal point. The images you posted are not even close to the nodal point.

Please check my image below showing how much of the Kaidan head should be showing in the photo.

The page easypano has listed is giving false hope I'm afraid and I believe this page was for private or internal use as I don't think it is linked from the official website. Either way 3 shots and the Canon 10D with Sigma 8 mm will not give the result shown. I see you are doing the rounds of the forums so I will only respond here on the easypano forum. I use this exact combination and results can be had. I like you and others hope the next version of easypano supports the Digital SLR (small frame) with Sigma 8 mm fisheye. The minimum frames/shots to get a reasonable result is 4 (6 is better) and even then you will need to patch the Zenith and Nadir either with Up and Down shots or by using the Clone Brush in Photoshop.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on August-25-2004 at 7:58pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Also worth a read is this thread from some time back.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by 360texas on August-26-2004 at 3:15am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I borrowed your image.  Judging on what I see it is possible you might need to move you camera back (or down in the picture).  I think you are far forward of the nodal point.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by ogmios on August-26-2004 at 4:10am
ogmios
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-24-2004
4 Posts

Hi Guys,

You are all sweeties for helping me out. Maybe I need to get a different bracket, because if i push back further, then I have part of the arm of bracket showing on right side...
(I am using Kaidan Quickpan Spherical http://www.kaidan.com/Detail.bok?no=43)
:-(

I am very puzzled now.
Olivia

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register