Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: New - Travle Spherical Bracket Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by BoPhoto on September-30-2004 at 7:18am
View BoPhoto's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by BoPhoto Search   Visit BoPhoto's Homepage www   Quote BoPhoto Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
BoPhoto
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-30-2004
4 Posts

Hello Everybody,

I just recieved the first copy of my new travle bracket, (you could call it a beta).  and I am about the refine the CAD file before getting the first batch.

Its intended for traveling and for using 3 spheres, it does not include a rotator, I am using a extendable Bogen tube,  the objective is to keep the footprint as small as possible. I align the frames by placing the camera body over each leg of the tripod.

Check it out at www.bophoto.com/bracket

Comments / suggestions are VERY welcome. ;-)   I expect to have a batch available towards the end of November.

Bo

-------------
www.bophoto.com/panos

Message posted by smooth on September-30-2004 at 1:19pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Bo,

Your bracket is pretty similar to the www.agnos.com bracket but without the options for a support bracket and click stop rotator.

I appreciate you are trying to make the footprint smaller but really I don't think it makes all that much difference because the tripod legs are still there and will need to be either patched or cloned and healed out of the image.

This it appears is it's only advantage?

You ask if $150.00 USD is OK? The Agnos MrotatorB is approx $220.00 USD but offers the rotational click stop panning and the option for support bracket and also has a in built level.

I think you are brave doing the project but (I feel) you still fall short on the design when compared. I can't knock you for having a bash and I wish you luck with this one and any others you develop! Great to see you having a go! But Gold? err, no thanks!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by VT360 on September-30-2004 at 2:45pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

I think stainless steel will look nice!

I agree with the points made by Smooth. For $70 more, you get the click stops and level and I would pay for those options.

Your design will produce a smaller footprint, but you still got to worry about the tripod legs.

Perhaps your market should be photographers that are not interested in the click stops or level. Maybe those nature pano photographers who take landscape pictues and shoot 20 shots for one scene.

$150 seems a little steep. Perhaps if you dropped the price noticeably you can capture a niche market.

Best wishes in your endevour! ...and keep us updated.

Message posted by smooth on September-30-2004 at 2:52pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Yes, I agree! Stainless Steel would look good but will add to weight.

Silver look? Maybe! Maybe at say $99.00 you might pick up some of the market.

Perhaps you should target the landscape cylindrical photographers.

Regards, Smooth  

Message posted by BoPhoto on September-30-2004 at 11:01pm
View BoPhoto's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by BoPhoto Search   Visit BoPhoto's Homepage www   Quote BoPhoto Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
BoPhoto
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-30-2004
4 Posts

Hello Guys,

Thank you for the thoughts, you are right on all points, (thought I personally think will side with Smooth on the stainless steel issue.)

Problem with a rotator is that there are so many great rotators, and hardly any reason to try to redesign one. This is why I left it alone.

I am playing with adding a hotshooe for mounting a two way level.

As for picking up the market, that was not really my intention, I am happy taking pictures. ;-)   However I might think about making a larg enough batch to bring the price down once I get version 2.0 in November and have a chance to test it. 

The main reason for this project were to make a bracket for myself the way I wanted it.

Thank you for taking time to check out the design. I appriciate it.

Bo

www.bophoto.com/bracket

-------------
www.bophoto.com/panos

Message posted by smooth on September-30-2004 at 11:19pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Thanks for showing us!

We love it when people have a go at all things panorama

You have some nicepano'ss on your website also, great looking.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by BoPhoto on September-30-2004 at 11:28pm
BoPhoto
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-30-2004
4 Posts

Thank you kindly sir.

I did follow your advise and changed the price,  I set it to $125 for now, that is about what I pay for the pieces in the small batch, however if it works well I can make a larger and bring it down a bit more. (smile)

Also made a link to Agnos from the page as that seems like a very relevant reference.

Next step, I am pretty excited about what Neo told me about version 4.0  (smile)

Bo

-------------
www.bophoto.com/panos

Message posted by Flash HQ on October-15-2004 at 9:46pm
View Flash HQ's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Flash HQ Search   Visit Flash HQ's Homepage www   Quote Flash HQ Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Flash HQ
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-23-2004
12 Posts
Hey, I thought I was buying all black accessories to keep down reflections?!

-------------
     -Flash

Larry Flash Alexander

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register