Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: IE Window closes when Tour is clicked. Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by videoedge on October-04-2004 at 6:41am
View videoedge's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by videoedge Search   Visit videoedge's Homepage www   Quote videoedge Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
videoedge
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
October-02-2002
30 Posts

I have a client who is having trouble viewing java based tours. Whenever he clicks on a link to open a tour, the window starts to open then automatically shuts. This happens now matter what flavour java tours is called. Beit PT Viewer, IVR, Ipo#, whatever. He has also tried about 4 of the regulars to this forum sites all with the same result. Using XP with IE 6 SP1.

Any ideas??
Thanks

Ian

-------------
Cheers
Ian

Message posted by jeantet on October-04-2004 at 10:58am
View jeantet's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jeantet Search   Visit jeantet's Homepage www   Quote jeantet Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jeantet
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
March-29-2003
59 Posts
Hello Ian,
How about trying the Firefox Mozilla browser? Works fine on my XP system... I know that won't "fix" the problem with IE and XP, but it may be a simple, fast and no-cost work-around for your client.
regards

-------------
Robert Jeantet
www.sav.org
www.alpage.net
www.spherivue.com
www.webalpa.net/spheres
etc...

Message posted by simon on October-04-2004 at 5:45pm
View simon's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by simon Search   Visit simon's Homepage www   Quote simon Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
simon
Gold Member
Gold Member

January-14-2003
141 Posts
Suspect that they might have a pop-up blocking program running as some of them (not the xpsp2 version) allow a window to pop-up but then it shuts them down. Good luck

Message posted by videoedge on October-04-2004 at 6:14pm
View videoedge's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by videoedge Search   Visit videoedge's Homepage www   Quote videoedge Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
videoedge
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
October-02-2002
30 Posts

Hi Robert, I have suggested this to the client, but he still wants to know why and is concerned other viewers may experience the same problem.

Simon, definatley NO popup blocker installed.

-------------
Cheers
Ian

Message posted by phoenixrising on October-04-2004 at 7:22pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Could it be that his security setting won't allow java? (Have a word with Easypano otherwise) Maybe his memory is full. What kind of system/PC is he useing? Hardware issues?

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by smooth on October-04-2004 at 10:30pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Is it only Panorama's or all Java?

My guess is if he can see Java on a webpage then it is closing pop-up pages.

Get him to test his java on a page like www.otfordfarm.com.au (Slideshow applet on index page)

He also could have some "Script Killer" installed. Make sure it (the browser) is allowed to read javascript.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by videoedge on October-28-2004 at 12:51pm
videoedge
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
October-02-2002
30 Posts

Hi Guys,
Sorry for the major delay in replying, but it seems the client does not want to respond to my/you suggestions. So for the time being, it must be fixed!!

Cheers Guys & Girls
Ian

Message posted by smooth on October-28-2004 at 9:32pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

If he is not complaining then I consider it fixed

But real proof of "fixed" is when he orders another tour!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by VT360 on October-28-2004 at 10:32pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

you should make your client test the virtual tour on other computers in his office or home.

oviously the problem relies on his pc. and when he sees that it's his pc, you establish that is not a problem with your tours/service.

you should state on your work order taht your tours are guaranteed to work in "IE 6.0 with JAVA enable with Virtual Machine".  something along those lines. this way you're not spending hours trying to resolve his pc issue (with a hard headed/difficult client).

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register