Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Pano found in old shoe box Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by 360texas on October-23-2004 at 11:50pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
The other day I was sorting through a shoe box full of old photographs and ran across this one.

Technical aspects: Has definate alignment issue because it was handheld with no panorama head. It also had severe stitching issues: NOT ENOUGH SCOTCH (cello)TAPE !

Please do not laugh too loud.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by VT360 on October-24-2004 at 1:27pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

daves,

i like the collage you did...looks awsome!

u've been doing panos since 79?

Message posted by 360texas on October-24-2004 at 9:44pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Yes, apparantly  25 years

We still have the Nikon Nikkormat 35mm with the 50mm prime lens that was used to take the "FULL FRAME - partial panorama".  We we living in Saudi Arabia at the time... just on a Thailand Holiday.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by jeantet on October-25-2004 at 3:54am
View jeantet's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jeantet Search   Visit jeantet's Homepage www   Quote jeantet Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jeantet
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
March-29-2003
59 Posts

Not bad, but in the realm of bad but ancient panoramas I've got you beat by a dozen years.... here's one of several really poor panos I attempted to make of Expo 67 up in Montreal with my Brownie Starmite camera, all of 37 years ago!

http://www.spherivue.com/panos/expo67b.jpg

This next shot shows the heart of Paris, the Halles district, (now a shopping mall) being excavated in early 1973; it was made from two scanned B&W photos joined in Photoshop; the focal length of the lens I used being 20mm and the photos having a good overlap, I'm guessing this image covers perhaps 150 degrees or a bit more...

http://www.spherivue.com/panos/paris1974.jpg

I've also got a rather good panorama covering about 300 degrees of a herd of widelbeest on the Masai Mara in Kenya, which dates back to 1980; perhaps I'll post that one of these days.

I could also point out that the first photo generally recognized as a panoramic image was taken in 1842 of the Roman forum by Girault de Prangey just three years after Daguerre made his photographic process public.

http://www.sav.org/images/pano06.jpg

cheers

-------------
Robert Jeantet
www.sav.org
www.alpage.net
www.spherivue.com
www.webalpa.net/spheres
etc...

Message posted by 360texas on October-25-2004 at 9:25pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hi Robert,  we took over 800 35mm slides during our 1974 and 1980 trips (Christmas Trips) to Addis Ababa Ethiopia, Nairobi Kenya and Tanzania.  We visited the Masai Mara, Amboseli,  Mt Kenya.  Found that the Serengeti, and the Ngorangoro Crater were facinating. 

Maybe we passed each other on the long flat bumpy road on Serengeti plains.  The thousands of migrating wildebeast just would not stay off the road.

We traveled as far South as Arusha and Lake Manyara.  Would have liked to have visited Mombasa on the coast... but that will have to wait for another trip. 

Sorry no panoramas in the lot.  Not even a couple I could piece together.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register