Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: iPIX vs Panoweaver Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by kazesoze on November-04-2004 at 7:16pm
View kazesoze's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by kazesoze Search   Quote kazesoze Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
kazesoze
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-27-2004
15 Posts

Hello,

My current setup: D70+FC-E9+Agnos MrotatorB.

Cost for Panoweaver Pro: $299.95

Cost for iPIX Studio Enhancer Pack(Annual Renewal): $1,799 / ($999) 

iPIX has released a RealViz plugin that allows for stitching a 4 and 5 shot hemis. The initial cost is $399 with an annual renewal cost of $249. I have tried their demo and the results were great.
(http://infomedia.ipix.com/products/hardware/realviz/index.shtml)

If I were to go with only 3 hemis then the Panoweaver optional would be more economical. However, if I wanted to go with 4 and 5 hemis then I would end up using the iPIX solution which would cost me $2198 with a running yearly cost of $1248.

Please let me know if my reasoning is sound or not.

Thank you.

kazesoze.

Message posted by VT360 on November-04-2004 at 8:04pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

First, You got to determine if your going to use 3 hemis  or if you're going to be doing 4-5.

Second, you need to determine if $2198 is within your budget and if your going to be able to recuperate that money with sales.

If your getting good results with panoweaver and 3 hemis, then maybe you can start out with this set up that is more economical. Once you start increasing your sales and have additional income for the ipox software, then perhaps you can go that route.

Are you doing this as a hobbie or for profit? What is your target market?

btw, there's a couple of threads discussing these issues with ipox and their pricing.  search for "ipox".

Message posted by kazesoze on November-04-2004 at 11:09pm
View kazesoze's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by kazesoze Search   Quote kazesoze Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
kazesoze
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-27-2004
15 Posts

thank you for the reply.

I will be doing this for profit. Hence, I am looking for higher quality. I recommend that you download the iPIX studio and download the sample images and try it out. There is a great difference in quality between the 3 hemis and the 4-5 hemis.

I guess the main question would be, what is the normal rate for a 360 image.

Thank you.

kazesoze.

Message posted by jeantet on November-04-2004 at 11:47pm
View jeantet's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jeantet Search   Visit jeantet's Homepage www   Quote jeantet Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jeantet
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
March-29-2003
59 Posts
If I were you i'd wait a bit... there appears to be a new version of Panoweaver that will use more images and may be able to use images from various new camera/lens combinations: see http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=1&TopicID=804&PagePosition=2

-------------
Robert Jeantet
www.sav.org
www.alpage.net
www.spherivue.com
www.webalpa.net/spheres
etc...

Message posted by kazesoze on November-05-2004 at 8:59am
kazesoze
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-27-2004
15 Posts

Dear Jeantet,

I had a look at the thred that you pointed out and dug around easypano's website but I couldn't figure out when will it be out.

Thank you.

kazesoze.

Message posted by Neo X on November-05-2004 at 3:00pm
View Neo X's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Neo X Search   Quote Neo X Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Neo X
Standard Member
Standard Member
China
August-04-2004
21 Posts

Hi Kazesoze,

Did you hear about Panoweaver 4.0? It's said that it will work with 4 to 6 hemis and will be release in the first quarter of 2005. So I think if your demands is not very urgent, that would be a good choice. How about starting with Panoweaver 3.0 and then upgrade it into 4.0 in 3 months?

Hope it helps.

-------------
TO BE, OR NOT TO BE. IS IT THE QUESTION?

Message posted by kazesoze on November-05-2004 at 5:58pm
kazesoze
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-27-2004
15 Posts

Dear Neo,

Do you have the link to the list of features that will be available in version 4.0?

Thank you,

kazesoze.

Message posted by Neo X on November-08-2004 at 2:07pm
View Neo X's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Neo X Search   Quote Neo X Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Neo X
Standard Member
Standard Member
China
August-04-2004
21 Posts

Dear Kazesoze,

A little bird told me that but I didn't see a link, either.

I guess you could try support@easypano.com to get some hint.

Sorry can't help more.

-------------
TO BE, OR NOT TO BE. IS IT THE QUESTION?

Message posted by jane on November-08-2004 at 7:03pm
View jane's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jane Search   Quote jane Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jane
Standard Member
Standard Member

August-31-2004
30 Posts

We have downloaded Ipix demo version and tested it ourselves.

The most important advantages of Panoweaver 4.0 compared to Ipix include:

1)Panoweaver 4.0 takes less time than the software of Ipix to stitch  fisheye images.
For example, on a Pentium III computer, Ipix software takes about half an hour to stitch a set of
4 fisheye images. I started the stitching in IPIX before going for lunch.  When I came back after 20 min,  ipix only reached 80% percent and
was still working on the image.  While with Panoweaver 4.0, it  takes only two or three minutes.

2)According to our test, Ipix produces an unsatisfactory panorama after taking a long time stitching process.
While Panoweaver process a fully auto stitching with high precision.
There is no mismatch. With Panoweaver 4.0 you can get a nearly perfect stitching
result than Ipix software.

3)Panoweaver 4.0 can stitch 4+celing/floor and 6+ceiling/floor fisheye images. You only need to shoot two fisheye image up and down. Panoweaver will produce a pano with seamless sky and floor.

One thing I can assure you is that your waiting for Panoweaver 4.0 will be worthwhile. It will be presented to you for evaluation in March, 2005. By then you'll know I am not overstating our products. :)

Message posted by VT360 on November-08-2004 at 10:42pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

Howdy Jane,

What  is the cost of 4.0?

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register