Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Bubble image technique Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by ecodevoman on November-10-2004 at 2:21am
View ecodevoman's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ecodevoman Search   Quote ecodevoman Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ecodevoman
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-16-2004
32 Posts

Please see the images by Jook Leung and Aldo Hoeben under the following link: http://www.iqtvra.org/gallery/gallery2/MainGalleryH-L.html

These artists seem to take a panorama and turn it to look down, making a small world view. I call these bubble views, but was wondering if there is a defacto name for this type of image. Any ideas on how they are constructed? Is there special software or can they be created with easypano?

eco

Message posted by ecodevoman on November-10-2004 at 2:26am
View ecodevoman's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ecodevoman Search   Quote ecodevoman Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ecodevoman
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-16-2004
32 Posts
Of course since the site these photos are posted on is of the International Quciktime VR Assn., I suppose they were created using Quicktime, but I'm not sure exactly how. Any ideas? Anyone here done anything like these?

Message posted by phoenixrising on November-11-2004 at 12:34am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Yeah I have... there is some printing software thats been mentioned on this site before.... not sure what its called or when I saw it. However, u can load ur pano and then print in 10 different formats including the one u see above. I'll try and have a look ... Thanks for reminding me...

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by 360texas on November-11-2004 at 4:56am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

If you have photoshop 7 or CS its quite easy to do.  I made one here.. scroll down to page bottom.

http://360texas.com/virtualtour/texas/wwp/index.htm

It is done like this:

Your image is 2:1 for example: 1600 px wide and 800 px high.

Next open your image in Photoshop

Invert the image so that the ground is at the top of the image.  Means the image is upside down

then FILTER | DISTORT | POLAR Coordinates

This will convert your rectangle image to a circle.

The ground will become the sphere.. and the sky will wrap all around the sphere.

THEN if the new transformed image is a bit elongated

Duplicate Background layer

EDIT | FREE TRANSFORM | and drag the right side of the image until it becomes a perfect circle.

Then delete the background and Flatten the image and save as your file format.

Do I have a name for it?  No but I am sure someone has already.

Hope this helps

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by knotty on November-22-2004 at 4:56am
View knotty's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by knotty Search   Visit knotty's Homepage www   Quote knotty Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
knotty
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
November-10-2004
8 Posts

Flexify from Flaming Pear Software can also do this and lots of other cool stuff too. I think this is what Jook Leung used.

Cheers, John

Message posted by phoenixrising on November-22-2004 at 5:10pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

yooooo....

thats the software package I was trying to remember... it's very good and well worth a try.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by dlot on December-14-2004 at 10:02am
View dlot's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by dlot Search   Quote dlot Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
dlot
Standard Member
Standard Member

January-20-2004
29 Posts

I tried the instruction of Dave and they give a great result!

Unless you do not not own Photoshop purchasing Flexify really does not make much sense...

Thanks

dlot

Message posted by knotty on December-15-2004 at 8:42pm
View knotty's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by knotty Search   Visit knotty's Homepage www   Quote knotty Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
knotty
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
November-10-2004
8 Posts

Yeah what Dave says does work well.

Flexify can do about 50 other projection transformations too though, and it's very easy to use. It can produce some absolutely mad effects that make it appear as though you took the panorama from a different location than you did. 

Try the hyperbolic projections especially. Mostly they just make you feel like you are tripping out but some are pretty useful.

It is a photoshop plugin btw, it's $20. Use whatever works for you.

Cheers, John

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register