Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Cell Phone Panorama Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by 360texas on December-02-2004 at 4:18pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Ok.. here is something new:

Motorola MPx220 GSM Quad band cell phone with camera. Suitable for use in Europe, Far East and the Americas. The x220 has Windows Mobile 2003 and a Mini 256mb (RS-MMC) SD Ram Chip to store the images and anyother file you want. This SD CF is comprised to two parts the adapter socket and the insert 256 mini card. This arrangement is similar to the older PCmcia PC Adapter for the type I CF cards.

Images = 6 handheld braced against pole
Each portrait image is 1280h x 960w stored native as JPEG format all about 180kb compressed and 3.52mb uncompressed.

Stitched with Photo Shop CS "Photo Merge option"

Produced a 962 h x 3642 w stitched image.
Panorama saved as a .bmp 10mb uncompressed image.

The date stamp was shown in the upper right corner of each image. PV took all of them out except the last far right image. Guess I will turn off the date stamp next time.

Resized down to 172 h x 650 w 75kb JPEG.

As usual the camera has limited white balance control and NO AE Lock. The image was full zoom out. Each image had to be manually saved.

----------- Fun Facts ---------
I was also reading about the Samsung Anycall SCH-S250 and its 5 megapixel sensor recently released in Europe. It has a 92Mb in camera memory card suplmented with the RS-MMC Flash memory.
---------

LoLLL I would not trade any of them for my Nikon 990.

By the way my MPX220 makes terrific telephone calls too.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by videoedge on December-02-2004 at 6:15pm
View videoedge's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by videoedge Search   Visit videoedge's Homepage www   Quote videoedge Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
videoedge
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
October-02-2002
30 Posts

Dave,
You forgot the link!! Give us a lookee please....
Cheers
Ian

Message posted by smooth on December-02-2004 at 9:24pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Man in Australia Fined $500 for taking pictures of a "Topless" woman on Coogee beach with his mobile/cell phone. Public outraged! Man should be able to look and take pictures if she decides to go topless in a public place. Perhaps he was doing a panorama just like Dave with his new cell phone?

Just goes to show, "If you put something on display" people will want to take pictures of it!"

Of course if they (her breasts) weren't on display in the first place she would have had nothing to complain about and he would have done the cell phone panorama of his backyard!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by eagle on December-03-2004 at 7:15am
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
Videoedge,

It's in another thread.

http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=1&TopicID=849&PagePosition=1&get=last#4995

Thanks,
eagle

Message posted by 360texas on December-03-2004 at 11:00am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Sorry,  that was a double comment some how.  I will put the link in this top thread.. and delete the other thread...

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by VT360 on December-07-2004 at 11:48am
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts
good job cowboy!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register