Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Panoweaver vs IPIX - STITCHING PROBLEMS Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by rickske on January-11-2005 at 9:08pm
View rickske's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rickske Search   Visit rickske's Homepage www   Quote rickske Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rickske
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-11-2005
34 Posts
I'm fairly new to this forum so please forgive me if you receive these types of posts all the time, but I have been surfing around the forum for the past couple of days before I decided to post a topic. Anyhow, I'm trying to figure out why the stitching is better in IPIX rather than Panoweaver? What am I doing wrong?

This is what I'm currently using at work:
- Nikon Coolpix 5000+ (Dont know exactly which model number.)
- Fisheye Lens with converter.
- Generic Plastic Piece Panohead w/ Tripod
(**Can find out exact photography equipment specs if necessary.**)

Here is the problem:
I've tried stitching in Panoweaver 3.01 Pro Ed. and tweaked the settings here and there and created this - MOV Link

Why does the IPIX output look better using the same photos? Also can you see that the seams alot better on the ceiling? - Homestore Link

My question is this:
- Is it the type of camera equipment that I'm using? (I'm mainly concerned w/ the Generic Panohead.)
(If so how come the SAME EXACT pictures come out better in IPIX rather than in Panoweaver?)
- Am I stitching something wrong and if so can someone please advise?

Here's a link to the 2 fisheye images if you want to give it a try:

Image 01
Image 02

Best Regards,
rickske

Message posted by simon on January-11-2005 at 10:01pm
View simon's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by simon Search   Visit simon's Homepage www   Quote simon Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
simon
Gold Member
Gold Member

January-14-2003
141 Posts

The camera settings on your cp5400 are incorrect when you took your images which has lead to colour balance and exposure differences. You should use AE lock and center weighted metering (not matrix). This is easily fixed in Photoshop or other before you stitch but can be avoided with correct camera settings. Easypano will then produce excellent results which with a bit of editing of the seam in Photoshop or other will surpass your ipix result.

Message posted by rickske on January-11-2005 at 10:15pm
View rickske's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rickske Search   Visit rickske's Homepage www   Quote rickske Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rickske
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-11-2005
34 Posts
Thanks for the reply simon, but what is the IPIX software doing differently that makes it look better than the Panoweaver stitch when they both use the same photos? It's probably because of my sloppy camera work. I'll play around w/ that some more. Thanks again. Anymore suggestions?

Message posted by smooth on January-11-2005 at 11:01pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

It is known that iP*x have a good colour blending algorithm but it only works with 2 shot fisheye (Basically it has been designed for real estate agents and not photographers) Realising estate agents are not proficient photographers they have made the software somewhat fool proof.

So why use Panoweaver?

You already know the answer to that! Also the fact you can use 3 fisheye images makes for far superior panorama images.

As Simon has stated is is vitally important to have the correct camera settings and panohead to make the most out of Panoweaver software. Also understand that the "Trial" version of Panoweaver Pro 3.01 restricts the output quality as apposed to the Retail version.

Your results will improve mostly by using the exposure lock. Reading more on this forum will unearth a wealth of information about using a Nikon Coolpix with Panoweaver.

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by rickske on January-11-2005 at 11:30pm
rickske
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-11-2005
34 Posts
Thanks alot smooth. Looks like you have this stuff down from the looks of some of your VT's that you created in your website. (Absolutely fantastic.) I'll play w/ the camera settings and read up more in the forum to see if I can produce better VT's. Thanks again.

Message posted by VT360 on January-12-2005 at 12:00am
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

hey rick, your panos came out nice.

1. try AE lock

2. try play with the circle cropping on panoweaver to remove the bluish tint before you stitch - this will help reduce the blue seam line

got a couple of questions:

how much are u able to charge in Cali for a 4 tour scene?

and how much do you have to pay ip x or homestore?

with panoweaver, once u have it set up the way u want to, there'll be no fees.

Message posted by rickske on January-12-2005 at 12:34am
rickske
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-11-2005
34 Posts
VT360, I know that there won't be any fees after purchasing Panoweaver, that's why I'm interested in doing it! Haha. ;)

As for the fees to get a 4 tour scene I'm still paying the same fees that all RE agents do. I think that it's $49.95 for 4 scenes. Quite pricey if you ask me.

I'll fiddle around w/ the AE lock option on the camera and the circle cropping option and see what I can do.

VT360 - I also have some questions in regards to the VT if you can help me out then that would be great - rickerocking@hotmail.com

Message posted by VT360 on January-12-2005 at 10:23am
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

be glad to help in whatever i can. post your question here that way you get input from all the experts.

if you need to create a new thread go ahead.

Message posted by phoenixrising on January-12-2005 at 2:23pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Hi there Rick and welcome to the forum. Please feel free to ask any question and we'll all be glad to help.

A few things you should know. Most on this site don't like ip*x that much as they have been mean to those who've developed the idea behind this form of photography. So many won't use out of principle. However many have little choise as RE in the US.

Easypano is more geared to those wanting to take they work quality the next step further. It works well with it's complimenting software and has very friendly forum (that is if u ommit the Australiens... hahaha... Hi Smooth I see that ur posting counter is hitting higher and higher levels). Also 3 shot images are just great.

Do you use any kind of photographic software... photoshop elements, 6 , 7 , CS or other?? Many do... though not many in RE work. If u do and don't know quite how to use the software... well lets just say theres a few easy little tricks to improve ur work... just let us know.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by VT360 on January-12-2005 at 7:07pm
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

lolol somehow i feel smooth likes to be #1

i px does an excellent job at stitching 2 images and color balancing...there's no questoin about it. just see your results that u presented to us.

you have 2 options.

a. stay using i px -it seems to be working fine for you, the only issue is money

b. set up your camera settings, head nodal, and stitching in such a way that the results will improve and match what i px is ofering you.

camera settings - start by using the AE (search for AE on this forum)

head nodal - search for dave's nodal test, battery test (which i take partial credit since i showed dave the link one long day ago in the messenger, but he made it famous)

stitching settings, once you have the 2 above, you can start playing with panoweavers settings until you get optimum results

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register