Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Up-Down images instead of Front-Back Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by newb on January-16-2005 at 8:54pm
View newb's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by newb Search   Quote newb Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
newb
Standard Member
Standard Member

January-16-2005
17 Posts

Hi all,

I have 2 fisheye images that I'm trying to stitch and publish. One image is a ground view taken from the air and the other is a sky view taken from the ground. When I try to import the images to Panoweaver, it has only one option, Front and Back, there is no option for Up-Down.

The stitching works just fine, but the resulting published panorama is tilted 90 degrees. Is there some setting to adjust this?

Message posted by smooth on January-16-2005 at 11:14pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Umm, rotate the picture 90 degrees!

People do this type of imaging all the time.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by VT360 on January-16-2005 at 11:26pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts
rotate the fisheye shots 90 degrees before stitching or rotate the resulting pano as stated by smooth.

Message posted by newb on January-16-2005 at 11:51pm
View newb's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by newb Search   Quote newb Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
newb
Standard Member
Standard Member

January-16-2005
17 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions.

However, rotating a vertical fisheye shot (looking straight down from the air) by 90 degrees does not change anything, it's still a fisheye image of the ground.

As for rotating the resulting panorama image, it alters the 1:6 ratio (makes it 6:1) and I get an error message.

The problem I have is that after stiching, the resulting panorama has a vertical horizon. I believe this is something that has to be corrected by specifying some parameter in Panoweaver before it does the actual stiching.

Message posted by smooth on January-17-2005 at 2:23am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Give me a link to your images you are trying to stitch and I will do them and explain how I got to the end result.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by newb on January-17-2005 at 8:20am
newb
Standard Member
Standard Member

January-16-2005
17 Posts

Thank you for your kind offer to help me. Here are the 2 fisheye images:

http://www.yiorgos.net/earth.jpg

http://www.yiorgos.net/sky.jpg

and the resulting pano: http://www.yiorgos.net/pano.html

Try to scroll left to right and you'll see the vertical horizon.

Message posted by smooth on January-17-2005 at 11:01am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hmm, I see your problem!

Sorry don't have an answer but others here on the forum do these type of shots although I'm not 100% sure what they are stitching them with.

Brian from www.rotopix.com comes to mind! Although his site is down ATM.

Maybe someone else will step in and help.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Neo X on January-17-2005 at 10:02pm
View Neo X's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Neo X Search   Quote Neo X Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Neo X
Standard Member
Standard Member
China
August-04-2004
21 Posts

So far as I know, an old version of Panoweaver(say, Panoweaver 2.4) will do a good job with up-down fisheye images. However, Panoweaver 3.0 has changed its modeling algorithm, which doesn't support this kind of stiching any more. So in my humble opinion, if you wish to work with up-down images, an older version Panoweaver is necessary.

By the way, haven't seen Mr Brian Jackson for a long time. Anyone know how he is?

best wishes,

-------------
TO BE, OR NOT TO BE. IS IT THE QUESTION?

Message posted by VT360 on January-17-2005 at 10:53pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

newb,

those images have different sizes. try to always use fisheye shots that have the same size.

Message posted by smooth on January-17-2005 at 11:45pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Yes, I noticed the size difference as well but I simply cropped a matching circle from both images. 1300 pixels I think!

Interesting Neo that you mentioned version 2.4 because I still have an .exe file for somewhere I might just give it a try.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register