Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Shooting a Scene Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by guyboating on January-21-2005 at 10:55am
View guyboating's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by guyboating Search   Quote guyboating Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
guyboating
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-21-2005
11 Posts

I am new at all of this.  And I have the equipment and everything I need at this point.  But I was speaking with another VR maker and he told me that every picture When you make your VR should always point north.  Well I'm doing offices and Buildings for my company and If I'm in a room I dont want to start a picture at a wall instead of a door.  I know I dont have to but now my company thinks that is the way it should be done. Is there any documents out theare that say point the camera towards your object?  Thank You

Message posted by 360texas on January-21-2005 at 11:28am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I would think that your initial view should be just to the left of the intended object that you want to display.  This way..at first the visitors scrolls into the view. 

By default the viewer initial view is the zero '0' point in the panorama.  Zero is defined as 50% from left to right  and 50% from top down or dead center of your image.  If you want your interest point to begin say 45 degrees to the left of center you need to add a <parameter value that places the initial view  -45

PARAM name = pan value = -45

And then let the viewer roll into the actual view you want the visitor to see.

Otherwise.. the initial view will immediately display the car.. and then begin to leave the view. And the visitor will have to waste time to figure out how to get back to the interest object - 'car'.

I would definately not start your initial view showing a blank wall unless it had a sign on it saying CAR YOU WANT TO SEE IS OVER HERE  --->>>>.

I know of no documentation that madates that the first view is always North.  Actually stitching your first image seems to always be split 50% - 50% on left and right end of the final stitch.  2nd image seems to fall in the middle of a 3 images  set.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by guyboating on January-21-2005 at 10:11pm
View guyboating's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by guyboating Search   Quote guyboating Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
guyboating
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-21-2005
11 Posts

You have a point. Any person will say why do you want to look at a wall facing north compared to facing the door which is east what diffrence does it make.  But what they explained to me that it keeps all pictures uniformed all facing the same way.  I have no idea.

Message posted by smooth on January-21-2005 at 11:27pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

North?

Never heard such rubbish?

Point wherever you like it makes no difference to the panorama process.

Tell the person who told you that to have a rethink and then give himself an uppercut!

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register