Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Panoweaver Standard Editon (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by saraet on February-07-2005 at 10:37am
View saraet's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by saraet Search   Send Private Message Send Msg  
saraet
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-07-2005
2 Posts
I am a public school teacher and our school bought the Panoweaver Standard editon, because the Professional edition was out of out price range. Supposedly the standard edition will easily and automatically stiche 2 fisheye pictures together. We bought the recommended camera (Nikon Coolpix 4500) and the appropriate fisheye lens. The problem is our pics are not stiching together well. I feel as if I have been ripped off and am now stuck with a program that doesn't do the job right. Anyone else in the same situation?

-------------
Sara

Message posted by smooth on February-07-2005 at 10:57am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Panoweaver Standard Edition can successfully stitch to fisheye images very well.

This is if you have correctly set up your equipment and have a basic understanding of photography.

Easypano aren't in the position of "ripping people off" so you shouldn't feel ripped off! If you tell us the exact equipment you are using "we" the forum members will happily guide you to a better result if you are willing to learn.

• You say you have a Nikon Coolpix 4500 can you tell us the settings you are using?
  • What tripod and panohead you are using?
  • Do you have the nodal point in the correct position?
  • Are you using the AE lock between both shots?

Can you also show us the results you have achieved so far? Just upload them and tell us the URL so we can look. This will help us help you.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by eagle on February-07-2005 at 8:50pm
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts

Hi,

I agree with smooth.  Whether it is Panoweaver Standard/Pro version or any other image stitching program, the setup has to be close to perfect for the images to line up.  I liken it to computers ... garbage in, garbage out. So, if the images weren't taken with a properly configured equipment, then one will have a tough time lining them up if at all regardless of the program.

Hope that makes sense.

thanks,
eagle

Message posted by spinem on February-07-2005 at 9:18pm
View spinem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by spinem Search   Send Private Message Send Msg  
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
People pay for the Standered edition? I got it for free from this site :s
I think you could've got it for free from this site then updated to pro. that way you'd save around 100 bucks.

Message posted by spinem on February-07-2005 at 9:25pm
View spinem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by spinem Search   Send Private Message Send Msg  
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts

[URL REMOVED]

by Moderator

Message posted by smooth on February-07-2005 at 10:50pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Spinem,

Panoweaver Standard Edition is NOT free.

What is the site you claim to have got it from?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by phoenixrising on February-08-2005 at 4:31am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
I have been useing Easypano for a few years and have only ever experienced WYSIWYG and no rip offs. The standard does require perfect setup... I find that 1 in 8 panos need some manual adjusting... which is why I needed the pro version. Have a word with Easypano... I kinda think that they might have an educational discount of sorts.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by spinem on February-08-2005 at 6:58am
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on February-07-2005

Spinem,

Panoweaver Standard Edition is NOT free.

Regards, Smooth

easypano.
check the link.
[URL REMOVED]

by Moderator

Message posted by spinem on February-08-2005 at 7:02am
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
anyways it was useless to me since my camera captures three shots not two.

Message posted by smooth on February-08-2005 at 8:25am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by spinem on February-08-2005
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on February-07-2005

Spinem,

Panoweaver Standard Edition is NOT free.

Regards, Smooth

easypano.
check the link.
[URL REMOVED]

by Moderator

Interesting! How did you come across this?

Regards, Smooth

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.