Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Fisheye to Un-Fisheyed? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by 360Madness on February-17-2005 at 1:49pm
View 360Madness's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360Madness Search   Quote 360Madness Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360Madness
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-17-2005
13 Posts
Hello everyone,

I did a QTVR tour using Panoweaver for a client awhile ago and they want the pictures for a print add they are doing but, they want them (un-fisheyed)... :) didn't know a better way to say that. Can this be done on PC? I seen Defish but it's for Mac only. Any others for PC? or tips on how to?

I'm using Panoweaver, Nikon 4500 w/ Nikon FC-E8 lens and the Kaiden QuickPan lll. All images are tiff's.

Any help would be great!!!

Message posted by 360texas on February-17-2005 at 4:53pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Try taking just 1 hemisphere into Panoweaver and do an automatic stitch for 1 image.... it will dewarp properly.  Then save the 1 image panorama out to a .bmp file.

Use photoshop to crop the usable image area to a single file.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by 360Madness on February-17-2005 at 5:07pm
View 360Madness's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360Madness Search   Quote 360Madness Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360Madness
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-17-2005
13 Posts
Thanks Dave..... that was easy....
New Question....
Is there a way to output it at 300dpi tiff format? Instead of 72dpi bmp panoweaver does? The files are 300dpi now and they need to be 300dpi when I'm done. They are needed for print.

any suggestions?

thx again.

Message posted by videoedge on February-17-2005 at 5:54pm
View videoedge's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by videoedge Search   Visit videoedge's Homepage www   Quote videoedge Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
videoedge
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
October-02-2002
30 Posts
Dave, NICE tip. Awesome for taking stills of small rooms were the client wants to show all in a still shot and not a VT.

-------------
Cheers
Ian

Message posted by spinem on February-18-2005 at 6:31am
View spinem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by spinem Search   Quote spinem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
spinem
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-02-2005
180 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by 360Madness on February-17-2005
Thanks Dave..... that was easy....
New Question....
Is there a way to output it at 300dpi tiff format? Instead of 72dpi bmp panoweaver does? The files are 300dpi now and they need to be 300dpi when I'm done. They are needed for print.

any suggestions?

thx again.

maybe you can do that in photoshop too

Message posted by phoenixrising on February-19-2005 at 9:17am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Print issues.... hohum.... The whole issue with print will be the amount of raw image data u have to output to print. If u have 2 shot hemi with say diameter of 1600 pixels as jpg, this should equate to approx 800kb of compressed jpg data per hemi. This in turn will let you output a photo of around 2 x 10x15 cm maybe even 2x 15x18 cm . This will be the max output for print you'll achieve for 300dpi as you don't have anymore data. If you do a 3shot hemi and actually use a method to increase ur data input* u'll be able to generate a larger sharper image.

note: to upgrade from 72dpi to 150 dpi u'll decrese image size by 4. To upgrade to 300 dpi u'll see image six decreas by a factor of 16. (Or so I'm told by our print guys) To produce large scale pano images, u'll have to revert to multiple wide angle lens shots and use other pano software to stich (there's lots of stuff out there). Most guys I know wil take approx 24-36 DSLR (Or even use film/slide film and scanners) shots and use output RAW images to stich in software of choise. These files are huge 200, 300...800 MB... just so that they can produce poster and larger size panos.

*(when in portrait mode: zoom in until top and bottom of image touch viewer edge. This will enable u to have an image approx 140deg across and 183 deg in height = u use more of ur camera ccd chip = more basic raw data which is also sharper. I can get an image with my cp4500/fc-e8 combo which is then approx 2100px in height instead of say 1550px when only useing 2 hemis. This means I use around 85%-90% of ccd chip instaed of just around 50% on single hemi)

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by 360Madness on February-25-2005 at 3:27am
360Madness
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-17-2005
13 Posts
phoenixrising, thanks for all your GREAT printing tips.

Message posted by emarts on June-22-2005 at 11:48pm
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
I am not able to bring in just one fisheye image into Panoweaver. How do you do it?

Message posted by smooth on June-23-2005 at 12:37am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You will need to be using Panoweaver 3.01 not Panoweaver 4.0.

The thread you are reading is older than the release of Panoweaver 4.0

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by phoenixrising on June-23-2005 at 5:51am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Maybe Easypano would offer 3.01 as part of 4.0... just a thought.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register