Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver

Subject Topic: Error Log! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by 360Madness on March-04-2005 at 4:52pm
View 360Madness's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360Madness Search   Quote 360Madness Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360Madness
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-17-2005
13 Posts
I'm sure this has been discussed before... I have been searching everywhere for the answers with no luck.

I am seeing tons of errors in my sites error log that look like this:

[Fri Mar 4 13:57:47 2005] [error] [client ip address] File does not exist: /home/site/public_html/tour/ptviewer$COMClassObject.class

and

[Fri Mar 4 13:48:56 2005] [error] [client ip address] File does not exist: /home/site/public_html/tour/ptviewerBeanInfo.class

What are these errors and how do I fix them?

Message posted by jeantet on March-04-2005 at 7:23pm
View jeantet's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jeantet Search   Visit jeantet's Homepage www   Quote jeantet Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jeantet
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
March-29-2003
59 Posts

Many servers run on Unix or Linux; these systems are completely intolerant of differences in uppercase and lowercase file names. If you have uploaded, say, ptviewerBeanInfo.class through a ftp program that automatically changes all filenames to lowercase, the name of the file on the server will then be ptviewerbeaninfo.class, and browsers will not be able to find the file if their code specifies the original name which includes uppercase characters.

I personally am careful always to name all files (and extensions) in lowercase to avoid this type of problem. However, the java applets and ActiveX scripts are programmed to summon files with the original uppercase characters. So it is imperative that you make sure that the files summoned by applets and various scripts have the exact same uppercase and lowercase characters in their names once they are uploaded to the server. You can use your FTP program's rename function to correct any discrepancies.

If that doesn't correct the problem, it must be something else...

I hope this helps

regards

-------------
Robert Jeantet
www.sav.org
www.alpage.net
www.spherivue.com
www.webalpa.net/spheres
etc...

Message posted by 360Madness on March-08-2005 at 2:17pm
View 360Madness's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360Madness Search   Quote 360Madness Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360Madness
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-17-2005
13 Posts
Thanks for the reply... renaming files is not the problem. I don't even have these files. They are not located in the ptviewer.jar file. I have searched google and found a post on the yahoo panotools group with someone asking the same thing as me with no replies since 2003.

Seaman, Dave, Smooth, VT360 none of you guys have had this problem?

Hoping for a fix...... anyone?

File does not exist: /home/site/public_html/tour/ptviewer$COMClassObject.class
File does not exist: /home/site/public_html/tour/ptviewerBeanInfo.class

Message posted by smooth on March-08-2005 at 10:48pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

There is a chance that your ptviewer.jar is corrupt this can happen when uploading.

Just to be sure....

You have the following items in the one folder?

• ptviewer.jar
  • panorama.jpg
  • panorama.html

Re-upload the ptviewer.jar file again

The easiest way is to let us look at the live panorama. Post the URL

As mentioned before .class files make up in combination a .jar file

.class file can be added or withdrawn from a .jar file depending on intended use/purpose.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register