Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Panoweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Nikon 4500+FCE8 vs 8700+FCE9 ? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Phil-IV on March-04-2005 at 8:01pm
View Phil-IV's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Phil-IV Search   Quote Phil-IV Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Phil-IV
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
August-26-2003
34 Posts

I own a Coolpix 4500+FCE8, and my 4 questions are :

- did anybody compare 4500+FCE8 and 8700+FCE9 ?

- which one gives the best results (8700 with 8Mpix I hope...) ?

- where can I find "sources pictures" shots whith a 8700 ?

- which is actually the BEST system to be used with PW 3.01 (fisheye 2 or 3 pics)... And plz don't answer EOS 1DS + fish, I can't buy it...

Regards from French guaiana, south america.

Phil

-------------
Phil, French Guiana

Message posted by smooth on March-04-2005 at 11:53pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Results will be similar between both cameras if you are displaying in smaller applets. I.E 400x300 You will tell the difference when larger I.E Fullscreen or Zooming in hard.

3 shot is far superior to two shot.

The Coolpix 4500 and FC-E8 produce fine panorama's Fact is most in my gallery are done using this set up (three shot Panoweaver 3.01 Pro)

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Phil-IV on March-05-2005 at 5:14am
View Phil-IV's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Phil-IV Search   Quote Phil-IV Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Phil-IV
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
August-26-2003
34 Posts

Thanks, smooth.

I don't want to produce very large panos, but I want to be able to zoom inthe panos to get details. So it is quiet the same thing...

Did you try the 8700+FC-E9 ?

What I think (perhaps I'm wrong) the 8700+FC-E9 is actually the best becaus it is 8MPix, circular fisheye, not too expensive. And I'm stonished not to see any example of panos made with that system, as nobody would have try it...

Phil

-------------
Phil, French Guiana

Message posted by smooth on March-05-2005 at 7:54am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I'm pretty shore Jeremy at Mediapix www.360.hk  was using this combination and I'm sure others are also.

The Coolpix 8800 and 8400 are better camera's over the 8700 though it is a capable camera. Test result proved the FC-E8 is a sharper (thus better) lens than the FC-E9 with is much softer (I own both!)

Question becomes if I owned a CP4500 and FC-E8 would I sell it in favour of the CP8700 and FC-E9 the answer is NO. But I would for the CP8800 and FC-E9 because of the extra features.

Reality is I use my Canon DSLR these days with Sigma 8mm and my CP5000 and FC-E8. My FC-E9 sits around doing nothing! But "might" get mated to a CP8800 when I think the price has dropped enough.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Phil-IV on March-06-2005 at 8:07pm
Phil-IV
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
August-26-2003
34 Posts

Hi smooth

Thank you for your link, it seems that Mediapix uses this combination.

I know that the resolution isn't the own quality parameter, but it's hard to believe that I won't get a better quality with a 8MPix camera instead of a 3MPix...

About the 8800, I received an Easypano's newsletter a couple days ago :

Nikon company once announced that Nikon Coolpix 8800 Camera can capture full circular fisheye images, but after testing, our photographers found that the fisheye image can not cover 180 degrees of FOV. Nikon Coolpix 8800 is still compatible with Panoweaver 3.01, but in order to get full 360 degrees panorama, you have to shoot three images, then stitch them together in Panoweaver 3.01 Professional Edition.

So you have to take 3 pics, but as I read on this forum, you get a better quality with 3 shots...

Did you hear about that :

http://www.agnos.com/catalogo.htm?v_lingua=ITA&v_iss_web=0000000000000084856934218533&v_cod_art_sche=MROTATORC

And if yes, what do you think ? If that really works, it seems to be the best Quality/Price/Speediness combination. 3 shots, hi-res pano...

Phil

-------------
Phil, French Guiana

Message posted by phoenixrising on March-07-2005 at 3:07am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Image quality is down to a couple of things. Good lens, good camera, good work flow, good PS skils and don't forget the amount of deliverable data for the viewer to view (ie small or large file size). I checked both combos and choose the cp4500/fce8 combo for my work as it gave good quality panos for the majority of my required work. I found the fce9 lens far to soft and heavy and fragile to justify purchaceing and have instaed got a DSLR.  http://www.conceptomega.com is my German site... which still needs to be translated into English... however, you'll find a number of tours on there. Some use 2 hemis other use 3. All tours were taken with my cp4500/fce8 combo.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by smooth on March-07-2005 at 1:21pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Phil,

Yes, I have an MrotatorC and it does work very well and the quality is very high. But you must have a DSLR and Sigma 8mm Fisheye lens and different software.

Examples are on my site in the fullscreen gallery.

Even better results will happen with 4 shots and Panoweaver 4.0 (But not using the MrotatorC) Better to buy the Agnos QuicklyQTCubic panohead.

Believe me 8MP over 4MP is not that big of a deal. But DSLR over Prosumer Coolpix is. A 4MP DSLR is far better then a 8MP Prosumer.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by kazesoze on March-11-2005 at 2:41am
View kazesoze's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by kazesoze Search   Quote kazesoze Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
kazesoze
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-27-2004
15 Posts

Dear Smooth,

You state that:

Yes, I have an MrotatorC and it does work very well and the quality is very high. But you must have a DSLR and Sigma 8mm Fisheye lens and different software.

What different software do you recommend or are you using?

Thank you.

kazesoze.

Message posted by smooth on March-11-2005 at 7:12am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I'm not so much recommending "other" software but I can tell you the MrotatorC is designed for use with PTGui Panotools. This you would have found by visiting the Agnos site and the MrotatorC

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register