Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments

Subject Topic: what would you buy? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by pixelator on August-19-2008 at 1:59pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
One thing to add to Smooths post.

First let me say I have no where near the knowledge that Smooth has with photography and shooting panos. So with that said I do hope that my buddy Smooth takes no offense to this.

Yes I would also recommend the Canon line. However, I would go with the 400D (XT-i) as it uses the CF card format. I know that one day I will upgrade to the full frame 5D and it too uses the CF card format. So if you should choose the 450d(XSi) you will have all of these SD cards that will be of no use, unless the next generation 5D uses this type of card.

Just a thought when shopping.

Message posted by smooth on August-19-2008 at 3:57pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

That is a valid point that Pixel makes but it's at the expense of Live View and the other improvements of the 450D/XSi.

Memory is very cheap these days so wouldn't be a deciding factor for me. But these are all things to be considered.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by CDG2008 on August-27-2008 at 5:28pm
View CDG2008's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by CDG2008 Search   Visit CDG2008's Homepage www   Quote CDG2008 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
CDG2008
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-18-2008
6 Posts
I only want to add to the camera info. I am not familiar with the pano shooting as of yet...tho I am trying. I am an art director of several print publications. The experience here is that the Nikon products produce a far better print vs. Cannon. I have also been given the same response by National Geographic photographers and Discovery photographers, tho National Geographic still prefers film or slides vs digital for their publication. Cannon usually gives a photo more yellow and usually has to be color corrected.

Now as far as the model is concerned, use the one that has the features that you feel you will use or need.

This is only an opinion for photos that go to print vs. web.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register