Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments

Subject Topic: Which Camera To Get Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by smooth on August-31-2007 at 9:27am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Mate, there is a long way from buying the equipment to having a completed panorama to be scrutinised! I hope you like your Nikon and it works out great for you. Many others use and love them. Your post was to ask what others recommend and it was offered. I feel you had pretty much made up your mind on Nikon before posting and really all you wanted to know is what Nikon to buy. So just to rev you up a stated I would buy a Canon. (which is true though)

I have many lenses to attach to my Canon full frame DSLR including the Nikkor 10.5mm. The difference is little between them all. Tokina 10-17mm Zoom Fisheye, Sigma F/3.5 8mm, Canon 15mm and Nikkor 10.5mm. All are good, some are favoured over others because of shooting speed and work-flow.

Prior to the Canon's, I owned and use many Nikon Coolpix cameras and all were fine at what they do.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by pixelator on August-31-2007 at 4:23pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by daugaard47 on August-31-2007
Maby later we can have a panoramaOff LOL
Thanks,
Chris

That right there is funny, I did laugh out loud.  Good luck to you dougaard47 with your panoramaOff.  Click here to view your competition!

Message posted by daugaard47 on August-31-2007 at 6:27pm
View daugaard47's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daugaard47 Search   Quote daugaard47 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
I thought that might make you guys laugh (PanoramaOff)
Anyways I finally got my camera and Lens around 3:00 today.
I been playing around with it for about an hour now. Its going to take some time to get used to. The only panoramic head I have for now is a Kaidan QuickPan III Detent Ring with 6 stops that I bought of sobra. It gives me the 6 60degree shots and I can get the zenith shot ,but the nadir shot Is kind of tricky. It will have to do until I can get a decent head. I want the NN3, but I think I will have to go with a cheap Panosaurus head for now.
Just to be clear the nodal point on the 10.5mm is marked with the gold ring? Seems like I'm getting some parallax errors.
    Thanks for the help guys this has been fun,but now I got some learning to do. By for now.
Chris

Message posted by smooth on September-01-2007 at 1:36am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by pixelator on August-31-2007
Quote: Originally posted by daugaard47 on August-31-2007
Maby later we can have a panoramaOff LOL
Thanks,
Chris

That right there is funny, I did laugh out loud.  Good luck to you dougaard47 with your panoramaOff.  Click here to view your competition!

Err, that was shot in 2004 (over three years ago now). Forgot it was even there....

Was my directional sound tester. Directional sound is cool

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register