Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments

Subject Topic: I need help choosing the right equipment. Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by murphian446 on September-11-2007 at 12:43am
View murphian446's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by murphian446 Search   Quote murphian446 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
murphian446
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-11-2007
14 Posts
Hey I'm looking to get into doing virtual tours for real estate agencies around me, and I'm trying to pick the best setup. I know this all a matter of opinion, but i've narrowed it down to the Canon 40d with sigma 8mm lens and the Mrotator. Now my questions are, which model of the mrotator do i need to buy and I will be using easypano, how many shots will i have to take using this setup, and just to clarify the mrotator has the correct "stops" for taking these images with a sigma 8? Thanks for the help.

Message posted by murphian446 on September-11-2007 at 12:47am
View murphian446's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by murphian446 Search   Quote murphian446 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
murphian446
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-11-2007
14 Posts
Another Quick note - i need to take spherical Panos- and I was wondering if there is a way to take sphericals without having the tripod in floor shot? Not a big deal just curious.

Message posted by smooth on September-11-2007 at 1:29am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You require a MrotatorTCPShort from www.agnos.com

Using the Canon 40D and Sigma 8mm Fisheye you will need to take 4 shots at 90 degrees (the camera will be in portrait mounting position). These will be stitched in "Drum" image type in Panoweaver 4.0 or 5.0 You may also elect to shoot an Up/Top/Zenith and Down/Bottom/Nadir shot. This will not exclude the tripod. For this to happen you would have to photograph that area hand held. Typically people clone or cap the tripod out of the view.

Regards, Smooth 

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register