Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments

Subject Topic: HDR - workflow and tips? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by sparrowhawk360 on November-21-2007 at 12:46pm
View sparrowhawk360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by sparrowhawk360 Search   Quote sparrowhawk360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
sparrowhawk360
Standard Member
Standard Member

July-20-2005
26 Posts
Sorry to chime in again about this again and look for your help but we're trying to 'up our game' and are shooting RAW for the first time.

I've several bracketed RAW files (Barrel fisheye from a Sigma/D200) which we took to get the most detail from the windows and shadows. That leaves me with 4 images per room shot at 3 to 5 different exposure levels.

Should I adjust levels , colour balance etc etc on each barrel image BEFORE I create each equirectangular image or should I only do post-production on the final HDR pano?

My RAW files are very dark. I did a little research and read that this is nayural enough for RAW files. Indeed Picassa shows them at the more "correct" exposures. Is that accurate?

What do you recommend as the best workflow to end up with nice HDR images. I was thinking.

A. Process all RAW images as TIFF.
B. Stitch and end up with several equirectangular TIF images
C. Import into a HDR/Tone mapping application

I know it seems like a lot of work but it's enjoyable and I'd like them to be fine looking images.

Message posted by 360texas on November-21-2007 at 4:38pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

We use 4 clickstop at 90 degrees with 350d take bracket  -2,0,+2 Raw.   We use Photomatix to combine the images into 1 set of 4.

Then use Panoweaver5 

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by sparrowhawk360 on November-21-2007 at 5:00pm
View sparrowhawk360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by sparrowhawk360 Search   Quote sparrowhawk360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
sparrowhawk360
Standard Member
Standard Member

July-20-2005
26 Posts
Thanks Dave. I was ordering Photomatix just now. I'm happy with the results so far.

So you combine the 4 exposures into a single barrel image and then use PW5 to actually stitch?

That's confusing because Photomatix won't import RAW images.

Message posted by sparrowhawk360 on November-23-2007 at 10:32am
sparrowhawk360
Standard Member
Standard Member

July-20-2005
26 Posts
Texas - can I ask...do you save your RAWs as TIFFs first and should I colour balance and sharpen each bracketed barrel image first too?

Message posted by smooth on November-23-2007 at 10:55am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I think you would be served well to do the RAW Tutorial with me one on one as many others have here on the forum. Learning the correct way from the start will answer all your questions and speed up your understanding of the processes.

This is only a suggestion, others might comment if they consider it worthwhile.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by mskp on November-23-2007 at 11:24am
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Well I did the tutorial and it helped me a lot.
Its worth to understand the raw process and the possibilities it offers. First it may sound as more time consuming but it makes the whole pano taking process easier, faster and secure, because there is always the raw backup.

Good luck, Martin

Message posted by sparrowhawk360 on November-23-2007 at 12:28pm
sparrowhawk360
Standard Member
Standard Member

July-20-2005
26 Posts
Smooth - that sounds great. Is it an online tutorial or a PDF etc?

Message posted by smooth on November-24-2007 at 12:48am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

It is online direct with me one on one via instant text.

I walk you through the process step by step until I'm sure you understand. We work with the exact same image so the results are live as we go.

Obviously this is a paid professional service for 100% dedicated time.

Please contact me via Private Message if you would like to know more or book a suitable time.

Regards, Smooth  

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register