Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: MrotatorB Problem Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by pixer on June-01-2006 at 11:05pm
View pixer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixer Search   Quote pixer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixer
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
June-01-2006
7 Posts

Has anyone ever had this problem with the Agnos MrotatorB + FC-E9 lens.  Just went to set up this combo last night.  When I insert the lens (with pvc collar on) into the panohead I'm unable to tighten the securing screw down enough so that it holds the lens snug.  The screw goes down for a few turns then locks up before it can snug the lens properly.

Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or maybe the threads on the head itself are not set right.  The screw itself appears to be ok.  I've send Agnos an email about so I should hear back from them soon but thought I'd ask to see if anyone else has had this problem or if I'm doing something wrong.

Message posted by smooth on June-02-2006 at 4:37am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I have used both the Agnos MrotatorA and MrotatorB and had no problem.

It is possible that the screw (Allen bolt) "may" be bottoming out but I doubt it. Still it is worth checking. I know nothing about the "PVC collar" as neither that I have used were supplied with one. (it may be a new addition?)

When clamping the lenses into the MrotatorA/B it does become very tight and takes a little force to clamp (be very careful only to pull down just enough to stop the lens From being turned by hand) Hearing a creaking sound under the tension in normal.

Let us know how you get on and what the reply from Agnos is.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by pixer on June-02-2006 at 8:46am
View pixer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixer Search   Quote pixer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixer
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
June-01-2006
7 Posts

Thanks for your response Smooth.  I've attached a pic in regards to the collar. 

The securing screw will go down some but after checking the hole for it, it is much deeper than the screw but the screw just won't go down any further even with a turn strong enough that it's quite hard to get the screw back out...

Agnos sent a reply requesting pictures of the problem which I've just sent.  It's a great product and well made.  I think I was just unlucky enough to get one with this problem.  argghh..

Message posted by smooth on June-02-2006 at 1:11pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Are you saying you cannot clamp (close the gap) of  the MrotatorB "without" the lens in place?

It could be a simple as a bur in the thread (either the Allen bolt or the taped thread within the MrotatorB)

Keep us informed.

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by pixer on June-02-2006 at 1:40pm
pixer
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
June-01-2006
7 Posts

Yes that's it Smooth.  I can't close the gap at all even when the lens is not inserted. The screw/bolt goes down about three turns but not enough to begin to close the gap on the head.  After three turns it sticks solid and can't be moved further.  I'm thinking it's most likely a problem (a burr) with the taped thread within the head itself as you mentioned.  After close inspection the bolt's thread itself appears fine.  Everything about this head is so well machined it made me doubt the threads could be the problem but something like a small burr is bound to happen from time to time. Do you think there might be an easy way to fix this myself without damaging the head?  I appreciate your responses Smooth.

Message posted by smooth on June-02-2006 at 3:32pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I think this is really something you should leave to Agnos to sort out under warranty.

That said, if it was me I would get the (100% correct) tap and clean the thread up myself. If I wasn't confident I would take it to an engineering shop or competent mechanic to run a tap through it. Realistically this is only a 2 minute job (if this is it's issue).

BUT! this would most likely VOID your warranty so it is best you talk with Agnos.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on June-02-2006 at 3:39pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I also find the PVC collar interesting. I have both a MrotatorA and MrotatorB and didn't ever receive these. I think it must have been introduced to stop lens scratching? Though I have removed my lenses without the slightest bit of damage (not a mark) But then I was always very careful, as I am with all my camera gear.

I will say that I have always been very happy using Agnos panoheads and still do to this day. The service and support is first class.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by pixer on June-02-2006 at 7:40pm
pixer
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
June-01-2006
7 Posts

Agnos has been in contact with me and they've asked that I send the head back to them for repair or replacement.  They think that it may be a mismatched screw for the head.  I think I'll go that route as I don't want to do anything that might mess it up. 

I must say I've been quite impressed with Agnos' quick response to my problem from the get go.  Probably the quickest reponse I've ever had for anything ever requested online.  Also when I first ordered the item I expected at least a week before it would arrive from Italy.  To my surprise it was three days total from the time of order to the time it was in my Canadian hands.

Thanks again for your responses Smooth.  Your knowlege in this field and all your input on these forms is greatly appreciated.  Once I get going with pano tours I hope I can tap your brain again from time to time.

Cheers!

Message posted by VT360 on June-08-2006 at 12:29pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

I reckon the pvc collar is a new thing from agnos. i kinda saw  it coming since the metal head would likely scratch the lens even if ur as carefull as smooth

Im glad agnos is providing this now.

Even though im careful with my gear. the pvc collar would provide a more

worry free experience. I dont like my stuff getting scratched

Message posted by pixer on June-28-2006 at 12:21am
pixer
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
June-01-2006
7 Posts
Thought I should give an update on my MrotatorB problem.  Agnos had a look at it and replied they couldn't find anything wrong with it.  They shipped it back to me and it's now working like a charm.  Not quite sure how to explain that one.  In any event, I'm a happy camper and it's working like a champ.  I want to note that Agnos support was top notch the whole time.  On top of this, when they received the head from UPS they were charged for duty on the product.  Not sure why this happened as it was marked as a warranty return but in any event Agnos soaked up this cost plus the 3-day shipping back to me even after I offered to pay all costs.  Thanks again Agnos for the superb service and great product!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register