Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: wich way to go? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Pokko on June-23-2006 at 6:39am
View Pokko's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Pokko Search   Visit Pokko's Homepage www   Quote Pokko Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Pokko
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
November-21-2005
33 Posts
My tripod took a serious smack not long ago, and since then my nodal point is off again. I cant seem to get it back as good as it was. I think the problem is in the horizontal spacing (to get the middle of the lens above the axis of the tripod). But I'm not sure. I used the double fishingline technique to align it.

When doing the NP testing it seems to be very close, but when I shoot a simple panorama it just isnt aligned properly.

Can someone tell, from the example, wich way I should alter the NP? Or could it be my Image enclosing in PW is off?

Please help, I want to shoot a few pano's of the motoGP tommorow, and I want them to be stunning :)

-------------
www.360photo.nl

Message posted by 360texas on June-23-2006 at 9:49am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I think its your LEFT /RIGHT axis that needs to be adjusted.  I borrowed your photo and will photochop it and repost.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by 360texas on June-23-2006 at 10:24am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I am going to make some pan head assumptions here.  It appears that your camera might be a dSLR and that you are using a fisheye lens and you might be using an Agnos Mrotator TCPshort pan head.  IF so.. then your right left parallax removal dimensions might be off by 4 to 8mm.  I measured the Allen screw head and it is 8mm diameter.  The black void box in your photo is about 8mm square.

Write down your current Left/ Right  scale measurement lets say its 42.

You need to slide the L bracket either 1/2 the distance or 4mm  left or right .. not sure.  Say 38. (42-4=38) Then retake a pano and do another screen shot of the nadir area. 

If the black box got larger.. then redo 4mm on the other side of 42 mark or now 46. And do another screen shot of the nadir.

With a Canon 5d/ Sigma 8 and Mrotator TCPshort here is what mine looks like:

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Pokko on June-23-2006 at 12:02pm
View Pokko's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Pokko Search   Visit Pokko's Homepage www   Quote Pokko Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Pokko
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
November-21-2005
33 Posts
Wow Dave :)

Right on: EOS350D, Sigma8mm, TCPshort :p
This is starting to look more like it. It was sitting around 38

Tried at 41, 36 an 34 ... my results:

-------------
www.360photo.nl

Message posted by 360texas on June-23-2006 at 1:15pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Well 36 is getting real close.  You might also try 35.5 and 36.5.  My fingers are too large to measure any thing smaller than 1/2mm.. Argggg.

So how did the 36 mark panorama look.. along the seams???

I did have some experience with this.  I moved my camera all the way over to the 0 zero mark and shot, stitched and screen captured 
a pano  at 0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70,  and I skipped 80.  I think you are down to the 1/2mm mark now for yours.

Possibly the reason you are seeing different shaped screws is because your camera might be TILTED up just a very tiny bit. 
But that is extreme observation.  As long as the image seams are coming together quite well.. blending should take care of it.

By the way if you could resize your images down to 600 pixels wide it would help.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Pokko on June-23-2006 at 1:29pm
Pokko
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
November-21-2005
33 Posts
Sticking with 36.5 for the time... those mm's sure make some difference! Now need to reset fwd/bckwd and hope to get it right.

But first we eat :p

-------------
www.360photo.nl

Message posted by 360texas on June-23-2006 at 1:33pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I think you found the L/R parallax fix at 36.5.  Knowing where those screws are located and seeing them in the photo... forward/backward
 that tripod rotation center point is right on the mark. I would leave it as it is for the moment.

How did the 36.5 mark turn out along the seams?

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Pokko on June-23-2006 at 6:31pm
Pokko
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
November-21-2005
33 Posts
Yes!!! Ready for the Motorraces tommorow :P

Set at 37 with the new and improved homemade scale mounted to the L-bracket.

I can live with these seams, even without overlap blending

Thanks for the help Dave, I now understand how to 'read' the tripod.

-------------
www.360photo.nl

Message posted by 360texas on June-23-2006 at 8:04pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Looks like your still  1/2 mm off.  However, What works.. works well.  Job well done.  YOU did all the work

All we did was to point you in the right direction.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Pokko on June-24-2006 at 4:01am
Pokko
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
November-21-2005
33 Posts
I'll try to improve it a bit, but for now (no margin timewise) it'll do just fine.

-------------
www.360photo.nl

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register