Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Nodal Ninja, Your opinion? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Alexandre on July-19-2006 at 3:16pm
View Alexandre's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Alexandre Search   Quote Alexandre Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Alexandre
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-05-2006
148 Posts

Hello,

I have purchased the NN3, and I was wondering if there are some of you who could give me their opinions on Nodal Ninja products. What are the advantages/disavantages?

Regards, Alexandre

-------------
Alexandre G.
MSN: agagnaire@chablinet.com
Nikon D50 - Nikkor 10.5mm - NN3 - Manfrotto055CLB - Panoweaver 4.0 - Tourweaver 2.0

Message posted by 360texas on July-19-2006 at 5:43pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

The NN3 is designed alot like the Agnos TCPshort. 

The TCPshort point of rotation  is offset so as to keep any of the pan head from being in the view, thereby creating a very small footprint.

On the NN3 - if you put the Sigma 8mm gold ring over the tripod center point of rotation and draw a visual line from lens edge outward it would catch a portion of the bracket.

For  Sigma 8 and Nikon D-x's and Canon 350d, 20d where the images are considered DRUM flavor, the bracket is in the blind space.

For Sigma 8 and  Nikon FC-E8 both full circle images using say a full 35mm sensor Canon 5d.. that might become an issue.  Too much of the pano bracket is in the 3 or 4 image.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on July-20-2006 at 1:52am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The 5D or any SLR camera with a battery pack cannot be used on the NN3 there simply isn't enough room or enough strength to carry the weight. This is where the Agnos MrotatorTCPS wins out greatly. Although the NN3 is similar in design to the MrotatorTCPS it aimed a different market.

The NN3 has the advantage of being very small and light weight and is built to a very good price. The carry case is also a brilliant idea. If you do hiking or climbing or anywhere where weight is a factor there is no better option over the Nodal Ninja 3.

My opinion is if money is tight then the NN3 is a very good option and most likely the best panohead in it's price range. If you are serious and a professional and plan to do panoramas for a living the Agnos MrotatorT Series is a better and stronger built panorama head and is suitable to a far wider range of cameras and lenses. With the addition of the newly released Agnos rings it has even greater options.

Both products deserve your attention and consideration when shopping.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Alexandre on July-20-2006 at 5:42am
View Alexandre's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Alexandre Search   Quote Alexandre Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Alexandre
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-05-2006
148 Posts

Hi Dave, Smooth,

I am still in the trial period of my business... At the moment I keep my job in Paris and hopefully I can return to my mountains and live from Panoramas and Virtual Tours.

It seems that the NN3 will be suitable with my D50 and the 10,5mm lense, and i think i will go for Agnos products if I upgrade my system.

Regards, Alexandre

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register