Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: sigma 8mm f3.5 canon first sightin Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by zxcvbnm on August-17-2006 at 5:18am
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
Don't know if they are just taking advantage of demand a preselling but it looks hopefull. Hong kong seller claims to have some.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320017509110

I know some people are looking and look forward to hearing reports on its quality.

Message posted by smooth on August-17-2006 at 9:00am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Wow, that's $1000.00 AUD + Delivery that is what I paid for a New Nikkor 10.5mm Fisheye delivered.

Looking forward to the user reviews.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by zxcvbnm on August-20-2006 at 6:21am
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
Hmm sigma4less.com grey marketeer claims to have it in stock fo $640

amazon says one of its associates has the older f4 version for $600

Message posted by smooth on August-20-2006 at 9:25am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

That's $842.00 AUD a saving of $158.00 AUD but you still have to add the postage and insurance.

Will be interesting to see what they come up retail at in the Australian stores.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by simon on August-20-2006 at 9:32am
View simon's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by simon Search   Visit simon's Homepage www   Quote simon Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
simon
Gold Member
Gold Member

January-14-2003
141 Posts

Hi Smooth,
I was quoted around AU$1100.00 in Melbourne for the 'improved' version  of the f4 earlier this year.......so I'm not optimistic........but sadly still interested in the f3.5.

Simon

Message posted by smooth on August-20-2006 at 10:02am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Simon,

I got my Nikkor 10.5mm from www.d-d-photographics.com.au in Sydney for $1030.00 delivered Express Post that made it about $40.00 more expensive than the best deal I could get out of Hong Hong delivered and save at least one week and comes with full Nikon Australia warranty. I will keep an eye on this site and see what they come up with.

I will hold off until I see some proof of quality vs the older model.

If you get one keep in contact as I would be very interested in your views and samples.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by simon on August-20-2006 at 10:33am
View simon's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by simon Search   Visit simon's Homepage www   Quote simon Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
simon
Gold Member
Gold Member

January-14-2003
141 Posts

Smooth,

That's exactly who I was going to try first as I've bought from him before and been very happy. Originally got the f4 cheaply direct from the Sigma Australian importer (C.R.Kennedy) after complaining that no one was stocking the lens, it was true but don't think I can use the same route again........but tempted. Will keep you posted if I crack before you do!

Simon.

Message posted by mgora1 on August-23-2006 at 9:33am
View mgora1's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mgora1 Search   Visit mgora1's Homepage www   Quote mgora1 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mgora1
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-14-2005
117 Posts

Has anyone bitten the bullet on this lens yet?  They have it at BH for 679 US.  We normally only use the 8mm with a 20D for residential realtor applications and have a few of the older Sigma's.  I wanted to see if anyone has used the new lens and get their feedback.  Trying to determine whether we should upgrade a few.

Thanks,

-------------
Matthew

www.VirtualVue.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register