Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: What Agnos bracket? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by vilmer on August-19-2006 at 10:53am
View vilmer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vilmer Search   Visit vilmer's Homepage www   Quote vilmer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
I was a bit lucky on the finances lately, so I bought a Canon 10d with a Peleng .
From my former setup I already have a Manfrotto 190DB tripod with a Manfrotto 300 panoramahead.
The question is: which Agnos bracket is suitable between the Manfrotto panohead and the Canon 10d?

Message posted by smooth on August-19-2006 at 11:30am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You can delete the Manfrotto 300 and replace the whole thing with a complete MrotatorTCPS. None of the "brackets" only, will bolt to the Manfrotto 300 as they connect with 3 Allen Bolts not one 1/4" thread. It "may" be possible to modify one (bracket) to suit but you would kiss your warranty goodbye.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by zxcvbnm on August-19-2006 at 1:04pm
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
You don't have to get an agnos head of course. If, as it appears from your choices, you are aiming for a budget setup then there are budget options. Mainly the nodal ninja, kinpano and the panosaurus.

Thinking sideways if you were patient you could get one of the panosaurous's the maker sells cheaper on ebay for about $80 delivered to argentina (240 pessos?). (Buying from the official site would cost about $95). It has a friction based rotator so you could just tighten the screw that adjusts the tightness and it would lock solid. Then stick it on top of your manfrotto rotator and hey presto a fairly precisise click stop rotating pano bracket!

Of course I don't know quite how you 300n rotator works so I don't know if you need to see the top or something. If you were not using the panosaurus rotator you could even trim off a fair amount of the plastic dial (its only plastic block) and reduce the footprint if its bigger than your roatator.

Of course the manfrotto probably comes with a profesional 3/8" screw and the panosaurus has a normal 1/4" socket so you would need something like this in order to connect them. But they must be fairly common.

Anyway it would be a cheap option that let you use your smart rotator which is rated as one of the better ones, and often marginally better than the included agnos ones. The dissadvantage of the panosaurus is using more plastic it is more liable to shake and such than the agnos and not as sturdy. But the end effect would be much the same.

Obviously do your own research and assure yourself it is a practical idea before jumping in. But an idea.

panosaurus ebay site
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmotherlode4uQQhtZ-1

Message posted by vilmer on August-19-2006 at 1:16pm
View vilmer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vilmer Search   Visit vilmer's Homepage www   Quote vilmer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
Thank you for your reaction, Smooth.
Actually, I think that my - I do magic with metal- father can come up with a non destructive adaptor plate between the 1/4" connection and the 3 screws. (Is there room enough for a 8mm hole in the middle of the Allen Bolt holes triangle btw?).   The bracket that is used for the "MrotatorTCPshort" is the one stated right underneath it right?

Regards,
Vilmer

Message posted by vilmer on August-19-2006 at 1:30pm
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
And thank you zxcvbnm, for your thoughts about this. I will take a look at the options.
Greetz.
Vilmer

Message posted by smooth on August-19-2006 at 3:07pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by vilmer on August-19-2006
Thank you for your reaction, Smooth.
Actually, I think that my - I do magic with metal- father can come up with a non destructive adaptor plate between the 1/4" connection and the 3 screws. (Is there room enough for a 8mm hole in the middle of the Allen Bolt holes triangle btw?).   The bracket that is used for the "MrotatorTCPshort" is the one stated right underneath it right?

Regards,
Vilmer

Yes, I would say that would be fine.

Like I said there is no reason you couldn't do it. Just the warranty issue. But really nothing can go wrong with the steel anyway.

I would suggest you stick with your Agnos idea. Because I know of some "add-on's" that you will see soon that will be a very nice addition and you won't being any good for any other brand. Especially light weight plastic models!

Good luck.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by vilmer on September-02-2006 at 7:13am
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts

Unfortunately the tcpshort bracket is not in stock at the moment, I will have to wait until after 10-10. Since I will not receive it before I go back to Argentina I will need the measurements of the 3 mounting holes of the tcpshort bracket so I can bring the panorama head with me.

I added 2 pics:

These are the measures of the top of my tripod, do the 3 holes match the one on the tcpshort? If yes, i can copy them on my pano head. See next pic.

And this is the Manfrotto pano head. I will put the 3 mounting holes B in ring A.

Do the bracket holes have thread, or do I put thread in the ring A?

Regards,

Vilmer

Message posted by smooth on September-02-2006 at 7:37am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Vilmer,

Very "roughly" the hole spacings centre to centre are approx 18mm on the Agnos panohead.

I would wait until you have the Agnos head in your possession before drilling and tapping the holes.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by vilmer on September-02-2006 at 7:55am
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts

Smooth, thank you for your quick reaction. I was hoping that the measures on top of my tripod were like a standard, but it seems they are not. I will wait.

Vilmer

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register