Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Using a Nikon 10.5mm Fisheye on a Canon! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by smooth on September-01-2006 at 12:26pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Guys,

I put together a little page on my experience on fitting a Nikkor 10.5mm Fisheye lens to a Canon camera body.

Shooting requires 6+TB (the same as on the Nikon body) and Panoweaver 4.0 deals with the images very well.

NPP position seems to be close enough to the Canon fitted with Sigma 8mm. This is an added bonus.

Seems to be working nicely.

I have shot and stitched quite a few "testers" and hopefully soon I will go and shoot something worthwhile to share with you all.

www.smooth360.info/nikkor2canon

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by zxcvbnm on September-01-2006 at 2:02pm
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
Ooh nice flash movies. I liked those. Doesn't rotating the lens move the hood into frame?

Message posted by smooth on September-01-2006 at 3:20pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Yeah you are right, it does "rotate". But the hood is just an unnecessary anti-flare shield and once you have set your F/Stop for the panorama shoot it doesn't move again. The hood itself never makes it into frame at any angle or position in the final stitched panorama. The movement is really very minimal in the first place. I certainly haven't noticed any effects of this when shooting or stitching the images.

The day I acquire a 5D or another full frame camera the lens hood is coming off anyway. I'm considering my options on how to remove it successfully without it looking like a dogs breakfast.

The only way to learn is to do.....

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on September-06-2006 at 10:26am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I have just uploaded the first completed panorama taken with this set up (Nikkor 10.5mm on the Canon body). There is a link on the bottom of that page or you can go direct here for fullscreen Quicktime or here for the Flash version.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by 360texas on September-07-2006 at 11:39am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

the full screen QTVR looks like it is getting redirected and is on a Frames layout ?  Image not visible.

Flash works ok.. but still wiggles during refocusing.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on September-07-2006 at 12:19pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Try this link Dave here for the Quicktime version.

The Flash "spherical panorama" as you know is brand new technology and will go in and out of focus and distort lines on rotation once you arrive at the point of interest it will refocus to display clearly.

Not optimal but hey! it's new and novel and we have been waiting such a long time to display spherical panoramas via flash.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by danny on September-19-2006 at 5:08am
View danny's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by danny Search   Quote danny Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
danny
Standard Member
Standard Member

April-06-2006
69 Posts

Hi, Smooth, this is exciting!

How did you connect camera and lens?

connect directly or via vonverter? 

-------------
Easypano, Inc.

Message posted by smooth on September-19-2006 at 5:20am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hello Danny,

Yes, it is just the Fotodiox lens adapter with conversion as shown in tutorial.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on October-02-2006 at 10:39am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Smooth

Very nice :o)

I really want a canon 5d and nikkor 10,5 mm. As soon as I can afford it. I will keep my breath making the adjustments as you have shown that they mean everything.

Maybe I should just send you all of the equipment and pay you to do it :o)

Thanks for the tutorial I hope you will update it as you experience with this set up gives you new results :o)

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by smooth on October-02-2006 at 11:35am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Morten,

I'm happy to modify the adapter for anyone who wants for me to do it. It will cost you $20.00 USD on top of the price of an adapter + postage charges.

Or have a bash yourself following my tutorial and save yourself the $20.00 USD if your nerves are up to it! LOL

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register