Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments

Subject Topic: help making sigma 8mm work on d50 nikon Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by zxcvbnm on September-19-2006 at 5:57am
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
Well I have a second hand sigma 8mm D f4 ex (bare lens no box or manual) and a nikon d50.

I'm now feeling a bit more humble than usual as it looks like I may have to pay a bit more attention to it to get working.

I managed to get the lens mounted by lining the long line on the lens barrel up with the dot on the camera and turning anti-clockwise.

But now all I get is a message F EE in the control panel and in the viewfinder if I press the shutter. Reading about this suggests it cannot read the aperture and on some lenses you need to lock the aperture ring or something? I can't see any obvious switches on the lens. One small tab like thing but that seems fairly solid and I don't wan't to damage it forcing things.

I have tried puting the apeture ring on f4 the lowest before mounting and turning the nikons dial to M for manual and manual focus but it does not help. I can see through the lens via the viewfinder just fine. But can't take a picture.

If anyone can help me get going I'd be much appreciated. Hopefully I'm missing something obvious. Oh and if anyone has the same lens and could pass on a scan on any instructions which come with it that might be handy?

Thanks very much. Going to walk the dog now and come back to it with a bit less frustration.

Message posted by zxcvbnm on September-19-2006 at 6:59am
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
Ah fixed it. Dog walk must have helped. I should have put it on the smallest apertures ie f32 and then the little tab stopped becoming solid and actually worked as a switch and locked the aperture dial and everthing started working. I was going the wrong way to f4

(if anyone has any usefull literature which came with theirs I'd still like look mind) Thanks, you'll probably be hearing another problem in and hour or so :)

Message posted by smooth on September-19-2006 at 9:16am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Just make sure you shoot with "both" the lens ring and the lens cap off. It just pulls off (no buttons no magic).

You will find that F/8 to F/11 the sharpness and best shooting range but the Sigma is sharp (well, in focus) just about everywhere.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register