Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Tokina 10-17 full frame Fisheye Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by 360texas on December-01-2006 at 6:13pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I recently tried using a Canon 5d and Tokina 10-17@10mm 180 diagonal Fisheye lens.

We were thinking that this Tokina lens might be similar as the Nikkor 10.5 lens that also has a 180 degree diagonal fisheye.

Stitching results with 6 images  +1T and 1B were not good if not impossible. Just thought I should alert the VR community.

The lens view (left ) and lens (right) are both in Portrait orientation.  The lens black masking and lens sunshade shape don't seem to correspond.   Ahhh never mind just cut the lens hood off and be done with it.

Unfortunately, its not my lens (now on its way to the UK).  However, my friend who is buying it.. has already suggested the cut off... but they the 350d and not the full frame Canon 5d camera.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by zxcvbnm on December-01-2006 at 6:26pm
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
Now we just need someone to cut off the hood and try again. Did it look like this might be feasible?

Message posted by smooth on December-01-2006 at 11:05pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Looks feasible to me, but that lens hood has to go!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by 360texas on December-02-2006 at 8:27am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
I updated the comment with a Portrait view of the lens.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by VT360 on December-02-2006 at 2:30pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

daves - just curious why u dint get the new 8m sigma?

8mm F3.5 EX DG Circular Fisheye   180

It is feasible with the tokina 1017 also. check the link below and enjoy

http://www.premiumpano.de/special/tokina_107.html

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on December-02-2006 at 9:53pm
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi VT

Very nice picture. It looks like the tokina is a very good alternative to the nikkor 10,5mm. My dream set up is still nikkor 10,5mm and canon 5D :o)

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by VT360 on December-02-2006 at 10:11pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

mine dream setup

nikkor 8mm with a canon 5d or canon 1d 

or with a fullframe 8mm sigma (the new one that smooth has)

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on December-02-2006 at 10:30pm
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts
Ahh Yes I forgot the antique nikkor 8mm.
Hmm do you know if there are any tests comparing the new sigma 8mm with the nikkor 10,5mm.

I am planning to buy the canon 5D and nikkor 10,5mm next year. But if the new sigma lense is just as good as the nikkor I will not have to worry about adjusting the nikkor lense.

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by smooth on December-02-2006 at 10:49pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I own both and I have a Canon 15mm Fisheye arriving tomorrow I will post some samples taken on my Canon 5D in the coming days.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by 360texas on December-03-2006 at 8:56am
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hey Smooth,  yes I would like to see the Canon 15mm FE foot print on the Canon 5d sensor too, just to compare it to the Tonkina foot print.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register