Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments

Subject Topic: full 360 panos Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by daugaard47 on February-02-2007 at 12:05pm
View daugaard47's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daugaard47 Search   Quote daugaard47 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
i want to start doing full 360 top and bottom panos.
i use a fuji fine pix s9000 for my camera.
i saw this fish eye lens and was wondering if it would work for the panos
heres the link http://cgi.ebay.com/22x-Pro-HD-Fisheye-Lens-for-Fuji-Finepix-S9100-S9000_W0QQitemZ280076664821QQihZ018QQcategoryZ116191QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

do i have to have a bracket or can i just use my tripod?how do you get the bottom shot

Message posted by Thatone1785 on February-02-2007 at 12:51pm
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
I just got the Tokina 10-17mm fisheye lens for about $450... It's a new lens, easy to find (unlike the Sigma 8mm) and alot cheaper than the Sigma 8mm... I am going to be taking some lessons from Smooth to learn more about shooting and stitching spherical panos... I'll be sure to report on this lens to let everyone know how it works as Smooth and I test it out.

As for the link you posted, I think most would agree that you should probably stay away from anything that cheap

Message posted by roadkillron on February-02-2007 at 1:01pm
View roadkillron's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by roadkillron Search   Visit roadkillron's Homepage www   Quote roadkillron Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts

I would not get that lens, I had to return mine (similar to what your link points to)

Read this before buying that lens,

http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=1&TopicID=2490&PagePosition=3

-------------
Roadkill

Message posted by smooth on February-02-2007 at 1:26pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Doug,

You would be much better of upgrading your camera or adapting a much higher quality lens. .... and yes you do need to use a specialized panohead to keep the lens rotating around the NPP to make quality full spherical panorama images without stitching or parallax errors..

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by daugaard47 on February-02-2007 at 3:03pm
View daugaard47's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daugaard47 Search   Quote daugaard47 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
what pano head would you recommend and what lens
i would like to find something i could use with the camera i already have.   as for the panohead and lens something cheap but really good if they make such a thing lol

Message posted by smooth on February-02-2007 at 11:44pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The best "Cheap" panohead is the Nodal Ninja 3 www.nodalninja.com and is cheap only in price the build quality is excellent. But be careful not all camera lens combinations are suited to it.

I do not know of a Fisheye lens of any quality that will go on your camera sorry. A little research might turn something up like the Raynox brand.

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by zxcvbnm on February-03-2007 at 9:57am
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
http://www.auat50.dsl.pipex.com/tripod/

The above page shows my fuji s602z with an fc-e9 lens and a bophoto.com wooden panohead grip bracket. I don't know if you camera has the same threads as mine but it should be similar. So you would need,

your camera

a lens adaptor metal tube that lets you it external screw on lenses holding them infront of the zoom lens, fuji probably makes an official one but cheap ones are always on ebay

step down rings, thread size adaptors which convert the end of your tube to a 46mm female thread.

a fc-e9 nikon fisheye lens which will screw onto your rings

a bophoto.com bracket or agnos.com mrotatorb bracket.

The fc-e9 lens is not great as people say but if you zoom in on it a bit and take three circles around you do ok. You can see the example panorama on the above page, my fuji is 3mp yours is 9mp so you should get better quality. Probably not quite full screen but not too bad for a smaller movie.

All in all if you get the fc-e9 off ebay second hand you are looking at about 250 dollars which will give you a fairly easy to use setup. A slightly strange one but it will work. Not as well as the dslr setups but those would cost at least three times as much.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register