Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: 360degree web cam? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Wide-Eyes on March-05-2007 at 4:33pm
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi

I just had a sales meeting today. My client in interested in vts that I will shoot during the summer. BUT. They are also interested in new web cams, and they want 360 degree web cams that transmit live images where multiple users can control the viewing angle. does any of you guys have any experience with this??

best regards

Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by Thatone1785 on March-05-2007 at 8:57pm
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
I saw this once - Check this out at: http://ipix.com/products_commandview.html

The viewers would have to have the software installed to view - Is this what you were looking for?

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on March-06-2007 at 6:12am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Thatone

Yes I think it would be something like the http://ipix.com/cv_daynight.html 

BUT. iPix have been sold. So is it still available? And also. I wonder where I can see it in action.

I know that Immervision also have a solution under their  Security and Video Conferencing solutions.

But there is not much information on the products, and not many examples. Unfortunately.

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by zxcvbnm on March-06-2007 at 10:32am
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
http://www.behere.com/ who used to make oneshot panorama gadgets announced their intention to make just what you describe. No idea how far they got though.

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on March-08-2007 at 2:38am
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi zxcvbnm

Yes I have also found BeHere. But their quality is not very good.

Also the only company that I could find that actually have examples on their web page was immervision. I have previously been in contact with immervision.

I asked them this question:

----------------------------------------

Does your panoramic video system mean that I could replace a web cam with your solution. The camera will then transmit from where it was installed and multiple people would be able to control what they want to see - 360 degree??

------------------------------------------

They replied:

The Videoconferencing solution available between end of year 2007 and beginning of 2008 will do exactly that! 360-degree live viewing from anywhere in the world.

--------------------------

This is a great answer. Except that it will take another year before it is ready. But at www.immervision.com they advertise for a Video Conferencing solution. But there are no examples.

I know that there is also some kind of solution from eggsolution but also a lousy quality.

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register