Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments

Subject Topic: fc-e8 and what cams work (Cp5000 upgrade) Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by rfh12002 on March-25-2007 at 7:08pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hey all

I've got an fc-e8 and the rotator for it. I have a CP 5000 but if i was looking for the next model(s) up from that, what other Nikons work on an FC-e8 lens?

Many thanks

Message posted by Oender on March-25-2007 at 10:30pm
View Oender's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Oender Search   Quote Oender Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Oender
Standard Member
Standard Member
Mexico
December-27-2005
17 Posts
Hello rfh,

Is a good idea to uprade your camera for hi res panos, the FC-E6 can be atatched to a DSLR. You can see it here: Agnos Ring Adapter.

The adapter to be suitable for connect a

AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8
AF/S Nikkor 18-55 f/3.5-5.6G ED

to the additional converter Fisheye FC-E9 scheduled by Nikon for the Coolpix 5400-5700-8700-8400-8800.
It so possible perform circulars resumptions of 180 directly in digital. In kit with the Mrotator are performed so take back for spherical pannings to more tall resolution.
Compatible with the digital cameras:

D50
D70
D70S
D100
D200
D1 all
D-2 all
FUJI S1
FUJI S2
FUJI S3

If you going to upgrade, the best to do is to buy a DSLR fisheye (8mm F4 EX DG Circular Fisheye and shot 4 pictures) or the Nikon 10.5mm fish eye to shoot 6 + U + D.

hope helps.

-------------
Oender
Mexico City

Message posted by mnbvcxz on March-26-2007 at 7:39am
View mnbvcxz's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mnbvcxz Search   Quote mnbvcxz Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mnbvcxz
Standard Member
Standard Member

July-22-2005
3 Posts
yes you don't really want to use the fc-e9 with a dslr, waste of the extra money.

However you fc-e8 will still fit a coolpix 8400 which would be a step up. Most other modern cameras won't work with it though, its too small for modern sensors or something.

An interesting idea might be a nikon p5000 which uses the same teleconvertor accessories as some of the older coolpix cameras but no on know if it will work with the fc-e8 or not, its just a speculation. So you'd have to find somewere that would let you try it before buying one. I'd say a one in three chance it would work.

Or as people say you spend big bucks and get a dslr with a sigma 8mm fisheye. Or the slightly cheaper combination of an older canon and 8mm peleng.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register