Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments

Subject Topic: Nikon-Fc-e9 HELP! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by alana on May-22-2007 at 4:19pm
View alana's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by alana Search   Visit alana's Homepage www   Quote alana Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
alana
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-21-2006
10 Posts

Hello to all on Easypano.. I know this question has been asked numerous times and many variations of it... If I may, I need help with some exacts.. I currently have a Nikon 8700 and the Nikon fc-e9 lens.. I would like to know what ALL cameras this lens can be used on for VT's with easypano's software. I currently use both Pano and Tourweavers. My photo skills aren't the greatest to be honest. Everyday is a learning experience for me, I am trying. I just tend to be more comfortable with Canons. I know it would be a step down going with a camera like the Canon G6 but again I am learning, and I am just more comfortable on my Canons... Thank you very much for your time and help... Again what all cameras can the Nikon fc-e9 lens be used on.

(Smooth, Texas, where my guys at-, your help has been so much greatly appreciated in the passed, Thank You!)

Message posted by 360texas on May-22-2007 at 4:38pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

hmm just guessing here.. FC-E9.  This lens also uses a extension tube/ step down ring.  Maybe the Nikon 5x00 series [Not manufactured anymore].

I don't think it will fit on a Canon SLR.  Not sure about the Canon Gx series.  Depends on the threads on the camera lens.  Then I am not sure about the image quality.

Sorry that was not much help.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on May-23-2007 at 12:25am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I'm pretty sure you can adapt the FC-E9 Fisheye to the Canon G6 but really the 8700 is good enough and you don't have to stuff around (just learn how to drive the Nikon) Understand that the Nikon FC-E9 is a "soft" lens and if you were going to upgrade I would seriously recommend you go for a DSLR camera and Sigma 8mm Fisheye. I doubt you'll ever be 100% happy until you do.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by daugaard47 on May-24-2007 at 6:31pm
View daugaard47's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daugaard47 Search   Quote daugaard47 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
I just recently got the fc-e9 lens. I have a Fuji fine pix s9000
All I had to do to attach it, was buy a $3.00 step down ring.
Here are some samples I took with it.

http://www.lakeareavirtualtours.com/tours/fc-e9sample/Tourviewer_fc-e9sample.html

Will do for now ,but I agree with Smooth. I wont be happy untilI get a Sigma lens.

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on May-25-2007 at 7:41am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Alana

I would also stick to the nikon 8700 fc-e9 kombo until you are upgrading to eg canon 5d & sigma 8mm.

the camera is not hard to handle at all. I have used this sut-up for serveral years. One example of what your nikon 8700 and fc e9 canproduce can be seen here:

http://www.wideeyes.dk/tours/fullscreen/poolsilkeborg.html

And one more here:

http://www.wideeyes.dk/tours/fullscreen/folketinget1.html

If you like I can give you some insight to my workflow. Perhaps that can help you grow more confident in your current set up. and then you can save a little money and perhaps start thinking of an up grade.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Best regards

Morten Andersen 

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by Susz on June-20-2007 at 10:06am
View Susz's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Susz Search   Quote Susz Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Susz
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
March-28-2006
33 Posts

Hi Morten

I use the same set up as you and am still on a learning curve. I would appreciate an insight into your workflow please.

Many thanks

Susz

Message posted by realtor jerry on June-27-2007 at 10:31am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

I also use the 8700 but with a 360 one shot lens and am thinking of going to the fc-e9. Can anyone tell me the tripod equipment I will need. I am also in the learning curve and want to improve my tours. Would also like to find some info on using this set-up (how to).

Thanks

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by 360texas on June-27-2007 at 10:43am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Finding the No parallax point of your lens and pan head setup is probably the 1st  task you want to successfully complete.  If you don't have this fixed first... stitching your images will become tedious at best.

while the cameras and pan head might be different than yours the process is the same for all DSLR's and fisheye lenses.

http://360texas.com/services/software/agnos/index.htm

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by 360texas on June-27-2007 at 10:47am
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

http://360texas.com/services/software/agnos/index.htm

Learn how to locate, index mark the no parallax point first !

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by realtor jerry on June-28-2007 at 7:37am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Thanks Dave, I went to your link and am still just as confussed as before.  Which set-up would I use with the Nikon 8700 and fc-e9??

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register