Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Photography Equipments
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: upgrading Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by daugaard47 on May-28-2007 at 3:45am
View daugaard47's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daugaard47 Search   Quote daugaard47 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts

I want to upgrade to a digital slr with a Sigma 8mm/3.5 EX DG Fisheye lens. and a pano head

I have about $1500 to spend. What I want to do. is to be able to produce very nice and clear full screen panos. What would be my best options as far as the camera goes. I was looking at the canon 10D and 20D.

I will probably get some crap for asking this,but what is the difference between a canon slr with 6 mega pixel slr and my 9 mege pixal fuji s9000.just wondering.

any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris  

Message posted by zxcvbnm on May-28-2007 at 5:47am
View zxcvbnm's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zxcvbnm Search   Quote zxcvbnm Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zxcvbnm
Gold Member
Gold Member

September-16-2005
156 Posts
The six mega pixels are spread out wider over a larger sensor resulting in less noise and a cleaner photo. More dynamic range and cleaner low light performance too. Also the major thing is with a fast memory card you can take photos with almost zero lag.

Plus of course better glass in the lens.

Message posted by daugaard47 on May-28-2007 at 6:16am
View daugaard47's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daugaard47 Search   Quote daugaard47 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
hey 360Tex I cam across this pano and was wondering if you still have that set up and would want to sell it(all but the tripod and software.
http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp306/html/DaveAlbright.html

Message posted by 360texas on May-28-2007 at 9:04am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Just sent you an forum message.

These were taken last April 2007 with the 20d and Sigma 8 f4.  The display is Flash..  I liked the Mastodons and Observation deck.

http://360texas.com/virtualtour/texas/truman/index.htm

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by daugaard47 on May-28-2007 at 12:38pm
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
Thanks Dave

I live about an hour an half away from there. In Lake of the Ozarks MO.

I was also wanting to know. With the Sigma can you take 4 shots around and produce spherical panos ,without shooting the zenith and nadir?(180 degree capability) I was looking at this forum and the answer seemed to be yes ,but do you have to have a canon 5d full frame? Or, do you have to have the sigma 8 3.5 instead of the 4

http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=1&TopicID=3054&PagePosition=1

Thanks,
                                    Chris

Message posted by 360texas on May-28-2007 at 2:33pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

We have both Sigma's.

Canon XT (350d)  Spare single image camera

Canon 20d and Sigma 8 f/4 Take 4 will give you full vertical 180 deg view.

Canon 5d  and Sigma 8 f/3.5  Take 4 +1T although can take 3 +1T

I figured you lived around there.. you site shows Osage Beach. 

We were at Clinton, Mo visiting our son and his family and visited Truman which is upstream from the Ozark's.   Clinton is about a 10 hour drive from here.

Sent another message to you.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register